Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (May 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@GroovaEV Yeah, the Renton lot seems way under-staffed. I found my Plaid just unloaded from the truck (3 days after VIN) and took it off their hands that afternoon, before they could F it up. Earlier in the day, they couldn't even figure out how to schedule my delivery, and said it would be about a week out from my car's arrival... Pretty lame, actually. I plan to "stalk" the Renton SC on days' 2-3, after receiving MYP VIN, as the transportation time for me has been consistently 2-2.5 days from Freemont to the lot.
And learned not to take my car there for any service. Will make the drive to Bellevue for any future issues.
Hoping the Y won't have even a fraction of the issues of our plaid. Our 3 was almost perfect.

Model Y page still shows Sept. 23-30th but after reading through the forums trying to catch up, I don't think I'll put any weight on this date at all....

Reactions: jebinc
I ordered 4 months ago to the day (5/08) so yeah…🤦🏻‍♀️ still waiting…I can’t imagine how far out new orders are going to be!
Well if it's a MYP those new orders don't have to wait that long according to the trends on this forum, on the other hand us "common folk" with the MYLR are in the back of the line despite long standing orders

Reactions: GildedVines
Also ordered from Rocklin on 5/23. My EDD date was updated this morning in the wrong direction. Was 9/20-9/26, now 9/30-10/20. :(
It’s incredibly frustrating seeing people like you with May orders with such a long wait, when others with OD of end of July and some in August have already received their cars….
I’m sorry for you waiting so long. I’m on week 8 and Uber annoyed….

Last edited:
How do you become a member of DCU
Go on their website and apply for a loan. get qualified first before go through the hassles of opening a checking account. Catch 22. Loan rate lock good for 45 days, they do a hard credit check. They will tell you verbally the rate you qualified for, but they won’t send you anything in writing to proof the rate you are approved until you send them the MVPA. If your car is pushed back and rate expires then you’ll have to reapply again. Tesla will rate match only if you can send them in writing what you’re rate locked at.

Contrary to various forum discussions, YOU DONT NEED A REFERRAL to open a checking account. A REFERRAL DOES NOT QUALIFY YOU. All a referral doe is give a little $ kickback to you $20 and the person who referred you $10. The cheapest way to qualify is to donate to one of their charitable organizations. The application will ask you which you’d like to donate to.

• Helpful
Reactions: DDubbsEV
It’s incredibly frustrating seeing people like you with May orders with such a long wait, when others with OD of end of July and some in August have already received their cars….
mim sorry for you waiting so long. I’m on week 8 and Uber annoyed….
Woot-I went to the service center last Saturday and asked why no one was responding to me. I told them I had been waiting 98 days since my 5/31 order and surely a car had to be right around the corner. They gave me a soft date of 9/18 and I told them I was ready for delivery then and there. Guess what, the next day the SA called with an inventory car that was blue with 20" tires. The order was white, black interior, 19" wheels, no tow and nothing extra. They said I only had to pay for the upgrades and the base price was the one from May. I said yes and the next day they called and said the blue one was no longer available but they had a white one with 20" wheels with only 15 miles on it. Again, all I had to pay was for the upgraded wheels and my base price was the same as what I had in May. So I accepted that and got my VIN on Monday. I just finished my paper work today which was so easy. The MYLR is being delivered tomorrow. Yes, tomorrow I will be putting on my accessories and riding high. Once you get a VIN things go real smooth and you get great with the service from Tesla with phone calls and several e-mails from them.

Hang in there guys, I was at 100 days and about to award me a 100 days badge of despair but its now all good. I feel sorry for the folks who are now just ordering because its gonna be a very long time before they can say WOOT!

Woot-I went to the service center last Saturday and asked why no one was responding to me. I told them I had been waiting 98 days since my 5/31 order and surely a car had to be right around the corner. They gave me a soft date of 9/18 and I told them I was ready for delivery then and there. Guess what, the next day the SA called with an inventory car that was blue with 20" tires. The order was white, black interior, 19" wheels, no tow and nothing extra. They said I only had to pay for the upgrades and the base price was the one from May. I said yes and the next day they called and said the blue one was no longer available but they had a white one with 20" wheels with only 15 miles on it. Again, all I had to pay was for the upgraded wheels and my base price was the same as what I had in May. So I accepted that and got my VIN on Monday. I just finished my paper work today which was so easy. The MYLR is being delivered tomorrow. Yes, tomorrow I will be putting on my accessories and riding high. Once you get a VIN things go real smooth and you get great with the service from Tesla with phone calls and several e-mails from them.

Hang in there guys, I was at 100 days and about to award me a 100 days badge of despair but its now all good. I feel sorry for the folks who are now just ordering because its gonna be a very long time before they can say WOOT!
CONGRATULATIONS 🎉🍾 !! being persistent paid off for you 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼.

Go on their website and apply for a loan. get qualified first before go through the hassles of opening a checking account. Catch 22. Loan rate lock good for 45 days, they do a hard credit check. They will tell you verbally the rate you qualified for, but they won’t send you anything in writing to proof the rate you are approved until you send them the MVPA. If your car is pushed back and rate expires then you’ll have to reapply again. Tesla will rate match only if you can send them in writing what you’re rate locked at.

Contrary to various forum discussions, YOU DONT NEED A REFERRAL to open a checking account. A REFERRAL DOES NOT QUALIFY YOU. All a referral doe is give a little $ kickback to you $20 and the person who referred you $10. The cheapest way to qualify is to donate to one of their charitable organizations. The application will ask you which you’d like to donate to.
wow good to know thanks for this =)

congrats. Curious what was your EDD before?

Congrats! While it stinks that you had to ride their asses until they got you a car, it’s still super exciting. Post a pic when you get it, please! Meanwhile, many of us still in order purgatory here. I feel like my TBD car owes me a gift for our 4+ month long waiting anniversary when I finally get it 🤣

Interesting -- I ordered a Model Y performance - white/white mid July. I was contacted for delivery next week. Im on east coast - thought you guys on west coast would find it interesting. It is my second model Y -- maybe preference?
Anecdotally, it seems to be a trend that the Performance models are delivered far earlier than the LR models, which I guess makes sense since TSLA is making more money on the upgrade, though is quite annoying to some of us who have been waiting patiently for 4-5 months for LR models. Most of us April/May/June orders on the West Coast that are still waiting have ordered MYLR models. Congrats on getting a VIN! Happy to hear whenever anyone manages to get one 😆

Last edited: