Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (May 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let me know how fast that turnaround is because I will only switch from cash to finance once I get a confirmed delivery date.
Also, congrats on your VIN!
Thanks!!

What I've done today:

1) Switched to 3rd party finance, with $??k as the financed amount and lender set as DCU. (2 minutes)
2) Downloaded the MVPA with those finance details (15 minutes for update on Order Status page)
3) Applied with DCU (already was an active member), uploaded the MVPA (10 minutes)
4) Called DCU to push approval through (2-3 hours hold, or call back)
5) Switched to Tesla Finance which on hold with DCU (5 minutes)
6) Applied/Approved with Tesla Finance (5 minutes)
7) Received the formal DCU Finance Agreement (docusign with interest rate listed out) (30 minutes post call)
8) Emailed Tesla RateMatch team.... Waiting on a reply (received the auto-reply immediately which says 1-2 days for decision)

Thanks!!

What I've done today:

1) Switched to 3rd party finance, with $??k as the financed amount and lender set as DCU. (2 minutes)
2) Downloaded the MVPA with those finance details (15 minutes for update on Order Status page)
3) Applied with DCU (already was an active member), uploaded the MVPA (10 minutes)
4) Called DCU to push approval through (2-3 hours hold, or call back)
5) Switched to Tesla Finance which on hold with DCU (5 minutes)
6) Applied/Approved with Tesla Finance (5 minutes)
7) Received the formal DCU Finance Agreement (docusign with interest rate listed out) (30 minutes post call)
8) Emailed Tesla RateMatch team.... Waiting on a reply (received the auto-reply immediately which says 1-2 days for decision)
I did steps 1-7 (with some tips from @OCJeff (thanks again Jeff!). For step 8, the lady I talked to at my local Tesla SC (Dublin) from step 5 gave me a Dublin Tesla email address and said they'd do the rate match for me... so my step 8 was an email to them instead of the usual Tesla ratematch email address. I wonder if I should be going with the tried and true process as to not delay my delivery.

I kinda wish I was at work today to distract myself from refreshing my account dashboard like a crazy person. I’m losing my mind over here! Happy for everyone getting their VINs though! 🍾
I dont think that would have helped.... I'm at work today and although it's busy as hell at work, I still managed to context switch with all the Tesla / DCU loan stuff + TMT updates. Checking for VIN every 15 minutes has been the norm for me for the past week while working. 😅

Seems like the "tow" option is holding up newer and older orders... Not sure why Tesla doesn't note this on the order page so you can make an informed decision. Had I known, I would have just ordered the "tow" kit from the Tesla store for $1200.....
Other than LR taking 2 more months than MYP, it's hard to figure out the pattern to Tesla's delivery algorithm. Thankfully, I've been WFH for the last 18 months, so at this point the Y is more of a want than a true need. Still, the wait is getting long. I'm just hoping that I get mine in the next 2 weeks, and don't get bumped to October/November.

Other than LR taking 2 more months than MYP, it's hard to figure out the pattern to Tesla's delivery algorithm. Thankfully, I've been WFH for the last 18 months, so at this point the Y is more of a want than a true need. Still, the wait is getting long. I'm just hoping that I get mine in the next 2 weeks, and don't get bumped to October/November.
I see you have the "tow" option as well.

What's your EDD range? I would think you should be getting your VIN this week given your 5/24 OD. When was your profile completion date?

I see you have the "tow" option as well.
I don't and pretty much same config as Zorg with the exception of the 20" wheels. I suspect any deviation from the majority produced (white/black/19" wheels, 5 seater) causes delays. I seem to be moving through the stages of grief :oops: moving on to depression/acceptance that I will NEVER see a VIN.