Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (May 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wooooooooooowheeeeeee!!!!!! Finally got a VIN so freaking excited 276XXX!!!!!!!!! So after seeing @ffard post I decided to check my account clearly expecting to be disappointed like I have been over the past few weeks while everyone got their VINs. But low and behold the infamous blue button appeared that I always heard about but never knew what it was until today. EDD currently Sept. 28-30. Now it's time to get everything in order FINALLY!!!!!!!🙌🏽🙌🏽

Wooooooooooowheeeeeee!!!!!! Finally got a VIN so freaking excited 276XXX!!!!!!!!! So after seeing @ffard post I decided to check my account clearly expecting to be disappointed like I have been over the past few weeks while everyone got their VINs. But low and behold the infamous blue button appeared that I always heard about but never knew what it was until today. EDD currently Sept. 28-30. Now it's time to get everything in order FINALLY!!!!!!!🙌🏽🙌🏽
Congratulations! I think you had the longest wait of those left.

Ordered 5/6 and got my VIN today, 275XXX. Received text msg stating "we currently expect your Model Y to be built in the next 2-3 days. Select your tentative appointment now for your touchless delivery". This makes me think they want my payment to book for quarter-end but I will not be able to take delivery of the car by quarter-end.

Now need to change my financing from cash to loan. Can't make that change online? Need to make the change through a SA?
Also, I had initially selected pick up at Buena Park, but is home delivery the only available option?

Last edited:
Ordered 5/6 and got my VIN today, 275XXX. Received text msg stating "we currently expect your Model Y to be built in the next 2-3 days. Select your tentative appointment now for your touchless delivery". This makes me think they want my payment to book for quarter-end but I will not be able to take delivery of the car by quarter-end.

Now need to change my financing from cash to loan. Can't make that change online? Need to make the change through a SA?
Also, I had initially selected pick up at Buena Park, but is home delivery the only available option?
What location are you trying to pick up from?
I went straight to the Tesla showroom to have an SA change from cash to finance. Applied there, approved and then confirmed terms. I then went home applied to DCU and I have to wait for them to contact me. I’ll call them tomorrow morning at 8am EST for them to pull the application and get me the decision while I give them the MVPA. I already emailed Tesla rate match to give them the headsup that I’d like to ‘March the DCU rate.

kinda sucks that everything is happening on a Sunday and banks are closed.

Reactions: PB FUTED
👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼🍾🥂🎉🎊 congratulations

once a vin is received, what's everyone's experience on the "delivery text" receipt? it seems like it's anywhere from instant to 24 hours? Or did you take initiative and just called the delivery center to follow up as soon as you got your VIN?

As far as the payment, I'm seeing the option to ACH it before delivery. But there are posts where people are setting up cashier's checks or wire's - did you get a delivery text without having to pay a down payment up front if you're taking it by loan?

once a vin is received, what's everyone's experience on the "delivery text" receipt? it seems like it's anywhere from instant to 24 hours? Or did you take initiative and just called the delivery center to follow up as soon as you got your VIN?

As far as the payment, I'm seeing the option to ACH it before delivery. But there are posts where people are setting up cashier's checks or wire's - did you get a delivery text without having to pay a down payment up front if you're taking it by loan?
it depends. ACH is the fastest. Cashiers checks will still need to be mailed to Fremont.

Got VIN yesterday, filled out the ACH and completed all the forms online. Got the 9/27 delivery window almost right away in my account yesterday. Got a text and a call today.