Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y wheel options

moswissa

Mar 20, 2020
Los angeles
It seems crazy that you can’t choose the 20s or the 21s with the performance option. I like everything except the 21s

I heard the ride comfort and noise isn't as bad as you think on the 21s. They look sweet but I agree its overkill for sure. The problem would be eating through tires every year and paying a pretty penny for replacement. You cannot rotate staggard.

Me personally im coming from BMW with low profile 20s, so I probably wont notice a difference.

Tsportline

Global Vendor
Dec 17, 2013
Los Angeles, CA | Atlanta, GA
That looks great! Is that on the performance Y? Looks like it’s a little taller than the last pic. Maybe it’s a LR. Trying to get ideas for the future. Both wheel set-ups looks clean.

LR.

A defining characteristic of a Performance Y is the bigger brake in back in red with Tesla logo. It's a totally different caliper than the LR rear caliper.

JPEG image-40F3AF9280E7-1.jpeg

Mr X

Future Martian
Jan 18, 2013
Simi Valley, CA
LR.

A defining characteristic of a Performance Y is the bigger brake in back in red with Tesla logo. It's a totally different caliper than the LR rear caliper.

View attachment 527060

Will you guys be re-producing the 21’’ Überturbine rims of the Y in a 19'' variant like you did with Model S Arachnid rims which you have available for S, X, 3 and now Y?!

That'd be a big seller considering it was originally going to be for Model 3

That rim in 19'' = me buying

Tsportline

Global Vendor
Dec 17, 2013
Will you guys be re-producing the 21’’ Überturbine rims of the Y in a 19'' variant like you did with Model S Arachnid rims which you have available for S, X, 3 and now Y?!

That'd be a big seller considering it was originally going to be for Model 3

That rim in 19'' = me buying

Improved Design.
Lighter Weight.
Load Rated for all S 3 X Y.
...stay tuned

jay35

Mar 29, 2020
US
An 18 or 19 inch wheel will ride a lot nicer than 20s. The tires will also be more affordable when it's time to replace them.

I wish Tesla had better taste in wheel design. I'd like a set of lightweight 18 or 19 inch wheels to be offered on the MYP with a traditional 5-spoke or 6-spoke design.

Tsportline

Global Vendor
Dec 17, 2013
Any pics of TSS wheels in matte black on a MY?

You really get the depth of the Deep Blue Metallic paint out with Ceramic Pro coating.

PSA: This is not a Performance Y. The calipers were painted red.

• TSS Flow Forged 20x10 in Matte Black
  • Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ 255/40-20 101Y XL
  • fits all Dual Motor LR , Performance Stealth & Performance models
  • fits over Performance calipers, no hardware or adapters needed

deep-blue-metallic-tesla-model-3-dual-motor-1.jpg
deep-blue-metallic-tesla-model-3-dual-motor-2.jpg

Y Not

Mar 14, 2020
SoCal
You really get the depth of the Deep Blue Metallic paint out with Ceramic Pro coating.

View attachment 527781 View attachment 527782

Man! Now I really want to switch my White/White to Blue/White!

azjohn

Oct 12, 2018
Virginia

View attachment 527781 View attachment 527782
That looks pretty sharp, I asked about the difference due to the ride height being different between the PUP and LR/Stealth Performance. I might be one of the few that likes the higher height

Tsportline

Global Vendor
Dec 17, 2013
That looks pretty sharp, I asked about the difference due to the ride height being different between the PUP and LR/Stealth Performance. I might be one of the few that likes the higher height

LR is a tad bit higher than PUP. Very proportional to Model 3 LR vs Model 3 Performance.

White Y on TSS 200 Matte Black.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9123.jpeg
    IMG_9123.jpeg
    605.8 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: spsheridan

Ozzie66

Mar 27, 2020
Virginia
So, the inevitable has occurred. Model Y with the 21inch uberturbine wheels.I nailed the right rear. curb rash. There just isnt any sidewall to these tires. They are named P ) for a reason. Any thoughts on how to cosmetically repair , its a good 5-6 inches all on the very edge of the rim.

Thoughts? Thank You

So, the inevitable has occurred. Model Y with the 21inch uberturbine wheels.I nailed the right rear. curb rash. There just isnt any sidewall to these tires. They are named P ) for a reason. Any thoughts on how to cosmetically repair , its a good 5-6 inches all on the very edge of the rim.

Thoughts? Thank You
I'd have it professionally repaired.

jasonLA

Aug 8, 2017
Los Angeles
We will be manufacturing a Fully Forged 21" Wheel Program for the Model Y.

Below is a rendition of our TS117 21" in Matte Black, which will come staggered for a direct swap.
View attachment 515201
Are you offering tire sensors that work with the Y? I switched my 19”s to your 20”s but my amazon aftermarket sensors don’t get picked up by the mode Y.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC