Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Windshield Wait

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting and thanks for sharing. I asked Tesla about the calibration after windshield replacement and was told there isn’t anything extra or special Tesla does, the car automatically does the calibration while you drive (similar to when you first take delivery and Autopilot goes through the calibration sequence without you needing to do anything other than driving normally).
Per their work instructions, they MUST perform a pitch angle verification on two of your forward-facing cameras after the windshield replacement.

Go to another SC if they don’t know about this. Big safety issue if they don’t. The dynamic drive comes next.

Per their work instructions, they MUST perform a pitch angle verification on two of your forward-facing cameras after the windshield replacement.

Go to another SC if they don’t know about this. Big safety issue if they don’t. The dynamic drive comes next.
That’s interesting and thanks for sharing the info! No, my SC didn’t mention it. I happened to be using the new SC in the area. Perhaps I’ll stick to the original SC I had been going to. They are a little further away but have never steered me wrong and always provided excellent customer service (I know, shocker!) over the years for our Model S and now Y. Shout out to the Rocklin, CA SC.

The one that did my windshield was the new Arden Way location in Sacramento, CA. Despite leaving out that important detail about the camera pitch angle, the service advisor was top notch overall and very helpful throughout the experience. My Autopilot seems to be working fine fortunately. Maybe they did all the right things but just didn’t go into specifics when I asked about it.

Just had SafeLite replace the windshield. They received the glass in a week…week and a half. Originally was scheduled for replacement at my home but the called the morning of service and said they needed to do it in the shop due to the complexity of the Tesla. I was headed out of town so had to push the appointment out. Anyway, three weeks later I had a new windshield. I didn’t have any recalibration done but everything seems fine. I did pull right up to my garage wall and all distances were spot on.

That’s interesting and thanks for sharing the info! No, my SC didn’t mention it. I happened to be using the new SC in the area. Perhaps I’ll stick to the original SC I had been going to. They are a little further away but have never steered me wrong and always provided excellent customer service (I know, shocker!) over the years for our Model S and now Y. Shout out to the Rocklin, CA SC.

The one that did my windshield was the new Arden Way location in Sacramento, CA. Despite leaving out that important detail about the camera pitch angle, the service advisor was top notch overall and very helpful throughout the experience. My Autopilot seems to be working fine fortunately. Maybe they did all the right things but just didn’t go into specifics when I asked about it.
Safelite is performing the recalibration service near me. All good.

Tesla SC is not the first dealership (of any make) to skip portions of service instructions to speed things up. They either don’t want to do it or don’t know how to do it. So their excuse is “it is not needed”. See how well that holds up in court after an accident.

Reactions: Pianewman