Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y windshield washer no longer works

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have this problem now. One month after delivery. I'll have to investigate today. Maybe there is a problem with the employee who connects the hose.. Seems to be a problem with the Model 3 as well.. Just sayin.. LOL

2 min fix.

Attachments

• A2EEFF48-BCA9-4644-AB6A-7E176AC1D47A.jpeg
    A2EEFF48-BCA9-4644-AB6A-7E176AC1D47A.jpeg
    607.7 KB · Views: 210
Glad I found this thread and saved myself a service call. This EXACT same issue happened with my Model Y too. Going by the many posts on this online, this same issue has happened to many people, enough that this is a design flaw and Tesla should fix this in the design (if they have not done so already!).

Windshield washer model y 2022
Tesla invented Wireless water duct transmission.
Whatever happens to "good old American workmanship"!
View attachment 832798
I really think that someone is missing the step to connect these things. I reattached mine and it’s been fine since. Reminds me of the movie Gung Ho. They were trying to meet a quota and didn’t put all the parts in the vehicles. No engine. No windshield. No lug nuts. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I really think that someone is missing the step to connect these things. I reattached mine and it’s been fine since. Reminds me of the movie Gung Ho. They were trying to meet a quota and didn’t put all the parts in the vehicles. No engine. No windshield. No lug nuts. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
It is a strange anecdote in my case. It worked perfectly fine for almost 8 months since I got my car. So, they didn't miss a step connecting it. After 8 months, I got a washer fluid low alert, I topped up the fluid and then nothing pumped. That is when I discovered the detached line. I believe that these get detached when the washer fluid level is low. There must some fluid pressure issue in the lines that causes it to detach.

Reactions: PecuniaNonOlet
New model y owner here - I was curious about how the fluid gets sprayed onto the windshield. It doesnt appear to be sprayed similar to other cars I have ever driven where its a mist all over the window, instead its a stream right in front of the wipers. Is that correct or do the nozzels need to be calibrated to spray more at angle?
Just note that for earlier cars, it's a different pattern for each wiper. The both spray horizontally to the wiper arm from the center, but the driver's side has an additional sprayer that sprays out onto the windshield. I believe they might have added the additional sprayer on the passenger's side on later cars.

Reactions: PecuniaNonOlet
Without even looking at the vehicle to see what the issue was, service center claimed mobile service cannot solve the issue, and parts to repair have been backordered (which repair?) and schedule a service center visit a month out. So they keep making and selling more and more cars without adequately staffing service centers and letting the overworked service centers play these games? I have never owned a vehicle where windshield washer fluid did not work (and never had to refill fluid myself since it always lasted to the next service center visit and they took care of it). Now I am not one expected to self fill less than 2 months after manufacturing, I am supposed to live with a non working windshield washer for almost a month!
Without even looking at the vehicle to see what the issue was, service center claimed mobile service cannot solve the issue, and parts to repair have been backordered (which repair?) and schedule a service center visit a month out. So they keep making and selling more and more cars without adequately staffing service centers and letting the overworked service centers play these games? I have never owned a vehicle where windshield washer fluid did not work (and never had to refill fluid myself since it always lasted to the next service center visit and they took care of it). Now I am not one expected to self fill less than 2 months after manufacturing, I am supposed to live with a non working windshield washer for almost a month!
Same problem for me now with a Tesla Y..... within 3 months; and service is delayed! Quite disappointing for $65K car!!!