Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y winter tire inventory in the GTA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I know there is currently a tire shortage in effect due to I assume Covid related supply constraints. I’m looking for a set of winter tires for my new Model Y. Have any of you been able to purchase a set for the 19” sizing recently in the GTA? Kal Tire is sold out chain wide.

I’m looking for 255/45/19 to replace the tires on the OEM Gemini wheels. Looking at Nokian Hakka R3’s or Michelin Xice.

Thanks in advance!

I have a Model 3 and got my set of winter snows at Simply Tire. They do a ton of Teslas there. I just provided them with the BT TPMS and they did the rest. Overall saved almost $600 from the Tesla price which had increased during their out-of-stock.

Attachments

• IMG_0732.jpeg
    IMG_0732.jpeg
    338.3 KB · Views: 104
Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Hi All,

I know there is currently a tire shortage in effect due to I assume Covid related supply constraints. I’m looking for a set of winter tires for my new Model Y. Have any of you been able to purchase a set for the 19” sizing recently in the GTA? Kal Tire is sold out chain wide.

I’m looking for 255/45/19 to replace the tires on the OEM Gemini wheels. Looking at Nokian Hakka R3’s or Michelin Xice.

Thanks in advance!
You might have difficulty getting those specific tires in 19”, from what I have heard. Tire Rack is always an option and they would be delivered very quickly from my experience .

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Things were looking very scarce a few weeks ago but I had luck getting Kal Tire on the phone. They had 4 Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3 SUV tires to match the Model Y spec about 30km away, but I think that was it for the GTA. Feedback from Michelin was that no more winter tires coming until the spring. YMMV.

Things were looking very scarce a few weeks ago but I had luck getting Kal Tire on the phone. They had 4 Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3 SUV tires to match the Model Y spec about 30km away, but I think that was it for the GTA. Feedback from Michelin was that no more winter tires coming until the spring. YMMV.
The person I deal with at Kal Tire called me back earlier and said the R3 SUV spec tire doesn’t meet the speed rating for the Y and the recommended one for the Y is the non-SUV variant. And both of those are completely out of stock at all Kal Tire locations. No luck on the Michelin’s either as you said.

The person I deal with at Kal Tire called me back earlier and said the R3 SUV spec tire doesn’t meet the speed rating for the Y and the recommended one for the Y is the non-SUV variant. And both of those are completely out of stock at all Kal Tire locations. No luck on the Michelin’s either as you said.
Kal Tire said something about it being ok to go down up to 5 speed ratings for winter tires. Interestingly, these would take me down 6 steps. They are going to try to find me some other ones even though they insist the SUV version would be fine.

Hi All,

Thanks in advance!
Kal tire in the west had them any Kal tire out in the GTA can order them for you. You may just have to pay some shipping costs