Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y with “new” door switch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Model Y has incorporated a new door switch which clearly marks back lighted door symbol on the switch to make it more intuitive for non Tesla peeps. Too bad I missed this on my Model Y. (Vin 327##).

questions is whether Tesla would offer to change this for a small fee on existing model y ?

Tesla makes tiny change to Model Y that will save owners some headaches - Electrek

Messed up on thread tile. Should read “Model Y” No option to edit it or delete the post

Reactions: captanzuelo
Mine is 351xx and I have the new glyphs. My wife’s MY was 23xxx and she has the lines. We put the Abstract Ocean covers on hers and they look good.

1CD30431-D1B6-4CAE-A429-FADD1D3E5C9D.jpeg

Looks like Model Y has incorporated a new door switch which clearly marks back lighted door symbol on the switch to make it more intuitive for non Tesla peeps. Too bad I missed this on my Model Y. (Vin 327##).

questions is whether Tesla would offer to change this for a small fee on existing model y ?

Tesla makes tiny change to Model Y that will save owners some headaches - Electrek

Messed up on thread tile. Should read “Model Y” No option to edit it or delete the post
I got excited when I read Mose Y:

20090403_mose_250x250.jpg

26xxx with the lighted DASH, bought the AO button covers, for $8 they look, feel and the light is still visible. My buddy wit VIN 33xxx has the new button. But since all my vette's since 2005 had the exact same setup, it's not like there was a learning curve for us. And if I have a new passenger in the car for the first time, if they look confused I tell them to "push the button, Max".

• Funny
Reactions: alexcue
I rather have those new buttons. Putting a sticker on 50K+ car :(? Also those stickers are probably not visible in the dark.
I have them on my 3 and Y. They have a good feel and hold up well. They look stock and the light bar is visible. Installation is simple as long as care is taken to line up the light bar. Abstract Ocean is a good source and they back their products. No downside. My riders like them.