Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y with hitch production M

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Model Y, LR, 19", blue, black interior, FSD on order since Feb 2nd, which I then added the hitch option. I noticed in the tracking sheet that no order with a hitch has a VIN. I also did not find anything on the internet about anyone getting their Model Y delivered with a factory hitch. Today, I noticed there is an third party hitch available at 2020 Tesla Model Y Tow Hitch - Invisi EcoHitch design. Wondering if anyone has heard anything about the hitch option delaying orders. Thoughts? Thx

OK- BREAKING NEWS... At least for me and potentially all tow hitch people out there....

Don't know how "real" this is... but I ordered MY 19" blue, black interior with FSD with TOW HITCH added 2 days after it came out (by chatting with Tesla)- and the source code of my page got a VIN this evening. I ordered around mid Jan, 2020.

So if this is real- I'm guessing I'm going to get a call soon... and the question will be- is the tow hitch on it or is it being added later? Also- when does this become deliverable? who knows. I'm in NY.

BUT its hopeful to all those with Tow hitches!!

I have a Model Y, LR, 19", blue, black interior, FSD on order since Feb 2nd, which I then added the hitch option. I noticed in the tracking sheet that no order with a hitch has a VIN. I also did not find anything on the internet about anyone getting their Model Y delivered with a factory hitch. Today, I noticed there is an third party hitch available at 2020 Tesla Model Y Tow Hitch - Invisi EcoHitch design. Wondering if anyone has heard anything about the hitch option delaying orders. Thoughts? Thx

There is a thread already devoted to this.

The spread sheet shows three hitch buyers that now have VINs. In addition, there are at least three in this forum that ordered hitches and now have VINs.

OK- BREAKING NEWS... At least for me and potentially all tow hitch people out there....

Don't know how "real" this is... but I ordered MY 19" blue, black interior with FSD with TOW HITCH added 2 days after it came out (by chatting with Tesla)- and the source code of my page got a VIN this evening. I ordered around mid Jan, 2020.

So if this is real- I'm guessing I'm going to get a call soon... and the question will be- is the tow hitch on it or is it being added later? Also- when does this become deliverable? who knows. I'm in NY.

BUT its hopeful to all those with Tow hitches!!

No reason to doubt it’s real. Congrats!

So excited, hopefully getting MY with hitch in 10 days. Model Y, LR, 19", white, black interior, FSD, PUP. Ordered March 3rd, updated order April 13th to add hitch.

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be built in the next 10 days. Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.

Please note that your delivery may be earlier than this estimation if a vehicle with your configuration becomes available.

This is an automated message. For more information or to chat with us, please visit

I have a LR AWD order with tow hitch and the 20” induction wheels. Has anyone heard of the towing capacity being lower than the advertised 3500# depending on the wheel choice? The design page only states up to 3500# and nobody at Tesla seems to know for sure.