Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y With Powder Coated 20" Induction

EvilEvilPanda

Jan 8, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Got my car about 2 months ago. Love the induction wheel design, but totally despise the mat black. I haven't seen anyone powder coated the induction wheels, therefore I couldn't get a clear image of what it looks like in a different color. So I just bit the bullet and went for it. The color is raceway grey and was done at jr wheel in socal. They did a bang up job and made sure to color match the giant center plastic cap when it was painted. My wife preferred the old color, but I like the difference in contrast. This actually looked like the screen avatar before the latest update.

Attachments

• IMG_3549.jpg
    IMG_3549.jpg
    812.4 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_3550.jpg
    IMG_3550.jpg
    788.9 KB · Views: 121

Double_J

Oct 11, 2020
Ontario
It was a tough choice for me because I didn't like back either. They just remind me of winter wheels. I've gotten used to my black ones now but yours turned out nice 👌

marym23

Dec 9, 2018
Portland
I agree with you on the black wheels. I choose to get the limited edition Falcon wheels from T-Sportline in the grey. I didn't want anything towards the silver look or "chrome" as my car has no chrome at all now. I think the look is exactly what I wanted.
Red Bull.jpg

iamnid

Dec 4, 2019
Riverside, CA
I didn't like black wheels either. I went with space gray - yours look great! I'm curious how they changed the color of the center cap.

Attachments

• 20210522_120213.jpg
    20210522_120213.jpg
    504.8 KB · Views: 109
Reactions: Velcade

marym23

Dec 9, 2018
Portland
I didn't like black wheels either. I went with space gray - yours look great! I'm curious how they changed the color of the center cap.
The center cap is what came with the wheels. Since this picture was taken, I've had the calibers painted so it looks way better.

marym23

Dec 9, 2018
Portland
I wish I would have pulled the trigger on these when they were available. Space Gray looks great.
Yeah I wanted something a little different. I ordered them before I had even taken delivery of my MY! I had Titan Sevens on my M3 but at the time of getting my MY, Titan Sevens didn't make a wheel that would fit the MY. So I went with these and couldn't be happier.

Reactions: srlawren

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC