Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Wood Door Accents in US

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah if I had ordered the white interior I wouldn't have wanted the door accent, looks better without it for sure. But in the black/wood interior it feels like they forgot something when you are sitting in it.

I was actually wondering if part of the recent slowdown and delays in delivery were because of this interior change. Waiting for parts, changing assembly lines, etc. I know the chip shortage didn't help but would seem like a good time to also do this.

I don't think we will be seeing any wood trim any time soon. We are yet to see the headlight changes let alone the wood trim that was just updated on the model 3 online configurator or may be Tesla just wants to differentiate a little bit between Model3 and ModelY and we probably will never see those changes on the Y??

I don't think we will be seeing any wood trim any time soon. We are yet to see the headlight changes let alone the wood trim that was just updated on the model 3 online configurator or may be Tesla just wants to differentiate a little bit between Model3 and ModelY and we probably will never see those changes on the Y??
I think they do have them on the MYP, so its surprising its not standard on all yet.

I have the new headlights on my 2021 MYP. I like the new door panels with the added trim, but not really liking the black insert with white trim. They should of just kept it white with white trim. I'll probably upgrade the door panels when they become available as it seems like a remove and replace type of upgrade.