Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find the auto settings for my windshield wipers aren't sensitive enough to the rain we have here in Seattle. Any chance someone knows how they can be made to be more sensitive?

Just got my Y Friday. I agree, it had some trouble dealing with the crazy rainstorm this morning. Was pressing on the stalk button quite a bit this morning.

Then the Autopilot turned off on the freeway saying "excessive weather conditions" of some such *sugar*.

Um, hello? It's raining in Seattle, and dark on December 21st. It's ALWAYS dark on December 21st!

Just got my Y Friday. I agree, it had some trouble dealing with the crazy rainstorm this morning. Was pressing on the stalk button quite a bit this morning.

Then the Autopilot turned off on the freeway saying "excessive weather conditions" of some such *sugar*.

Um, hello? It's raining in Seattle, and dark on December 21st. It's ALWAYS dark on December 21st!

That can’t be good for FSD.

My M3 LR RWD 2019 works great! The EV improves with each new software update. I live in Oregon, USA.

When will I be able to buy a new Model Y that has 4680 batteries and structural changes?

Looks like the first ones will come from Texas GF and probably be available in late 2021 or early 2022.

Thanks

I was just talking to the guy that installed the garage door module about this like three hours ago. They don't have a typical rain/light/photo sensor on the car. It uses the three cameras mounted in front of the windshield, that's why the auto high beams and the wipers suck. What would be nice is if Tesla incorporates levels into the auto function a la BMW and Audi. The sensitivity of the sensor changes as you go up. Simple software tweak for algorithm on how it determines when to wipe in each auto setting. My '13 M3 had four different auto levels as did my '18 S5.

This has been an issue since I bought my M3 in Seattle in September 2018. Given they haven’t improved it in almost 2.5 years, don’t hold your breath!

I have seen an improvement in the automotive high beams with the latest update. My issue now is that they keep going from low beam to high beam constantly. The sensitivity though from low to high has improved. The issue is that if the camera's don't see it, it can't function properly. A rain/light/photo sensor really shouldn't be that expensive. They have a humidity sensor on the windshield next to the camera's.

I have seen an improvement in the automotive high beams with the latest update. My issue now is that they keep going from low beam to high beam constantly. The sensitivity though from low to high has improved. The issue is that if the camera's don't see it, it can't function properly. A rain/light/photo sensor really shouldn't be that expensive. They have a humidity sensor on the windshield next to the camera's.
You’re right, it shouldn’t be. The BMW, Volvo, VW and Honda that I’ve owned with automatic windshield wipers worked flawlessly. Difference is they utilized actual sensors rather than cameras and a neural net which hasn’t learned despite several years and what one assumes is millions of driven miles across the fleet.

Reactions: HotIce