Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Year 2022 Refresh M3/MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had you placed one hold before?

They unmatched me from one before, but they're seemingly following a new rule that you can only hold up to 90 days after your initial order date. It's all quite unclear. When I was unmatched they used a 5 day hold or something even though I asked for it to be as long as possible so I could have a better chance of getting the upgrades.

They unmatched me from one before, but they're seemingly following a new rule that you can only hold up to 90 days after your initial order date. It's all quite unclear. When I was unmatched they used a 5 day hold or something even though I asked for it to be as long as possible so I could have a better chance of getting the upgrades.
I had put a hold for 60 days. The text message I got stated that I need to take the next VIN after my hold expired, otherwise my order is going to be cancelled. Hence, I will not reject a VIN or put another hold.

If I were waiting on a Model 3 order right now, and I wasn't in a rush for the car, I'd sacrifice the $250 order fee if needed to get the Ryzen MCU3. Sure it will hurt a little mentally, but that's essentially a really cheap price for the upgrade.

Of course there's a risk of further price increases turning that into a $1250 or more premium (by the time you can be confident of getting MCU3), but I would probably take that risk.

If you need a car now don't sweat it of course, MCU2 is fine, the car drives great either way. I needed a car last fall and I'm super happy with my October 2021 build, cars are always improving and there will always be enhancements around the corner that you'll miss out on. But if I could sacrifice $250 to get MCU3, yeah I'd do it!

Reactions: CarlThompson
If I were waiting on a Model 3 order right now, and I wasn't in a rush for the car, I'd sacrifice the $250 order fee if needed to get the Ryzen MCU3. Sure it will hurt a little mentally, but that's essentially a really cheap price for the upgrade.

Of course there's a risk of further price increases turning that into a $1250 or more premium (by the time you can be confident of getting MCU3), but I would probably take that risk.

If you need a car now don't sweat it of course, MCU2 is fine, the car drives great either way. I needed a car last fall and I'm super happy with my October 2021 build, cars are always improving and there will always be enhancements around the corner that you'll miss out on. But if I could sacrifice $250 to get MCU3, yeah I'd do it!
I put in the order before the latest price hike, so for me it would be a $1250 hit if I cancel and re-order. Hence, I am going to take delivery regardless if my VIN has MCU2 or MCU3.

I had an order for LRAWD delivery date feb1-march1 didn't have any vin yet and saw an inventory 2022 lr pop up today and jumped on it since I've been waiting since end of November and sold my car then thinking it would be much quicker since I had an earlier delivery date. The vin on this car is 123xxx does that make sense its that much lower than the ones people are getting now at 139xxx which would mean there's like 0 chance at a risen chip?

I had an order for LRAWD delivery date feb1-march1 didn't have any vin yet and saw an inventory 2022 lr pop up today and jumped on it since I've been waiting since end of November and sold my car then thinking it would be much quicker since I had an earlier delivery date. The vin on this car is 123xxx does that make sense its that much lower than the ones people are getting now at 139xxx which would mean there's like 0 chance at a risen chip?
Most likely it won't have the AMD Ryzen chip but you could call and check.

0% chance you have the Ryzen or Li-on battery.

Just got a VIN today and SA said no ryzen. Build date is january 10th. SA put my order on hold for a day to remove the VIN and put me on priority queue. Waiting for ryzen, lithium, rear dual glass, and maybe new main battery and hairpin motor (pls advise if those 2 are worth it).