Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Year 2022 Refresh M3/MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I put in the order before the latest price hike, so for me it would be a $1250 hit if I cancel and re-order. Hence, I am going to take delivery regardless if my VIN has MCU2 or MCU3.

I put in the order before the latest price hike as well and ordered White LR with 18 inch wheels which came to just short of 50k.

Since I am in Massachusetts, and since the price is below 50k, it qualifies for $2500 State Rebate.

The same car now, since its price went up by 1k and thus over 50k, does not.

So, if I were to cancel my order and place a new one for the chip, it would end up costing me $1000 price hike + $250 deposit + $2500 state rebate = $3750 for a chip upgrade.

I placed order on Nov 2 and EDD keeps getting pushed. As of right now it is showing as Feb28-Mar28 so hopefully it should have the chip on it by then. Even if it does not, I am taking the delivery.

Reactions: Doggiedog
Late last night I put in an order for a M3P with delivery estimate in May 2022 (Norway), the rumors, a new year and price speculation made me put a 100$ reservation for a midnight silver 3P.
If I think correctly the changes and possibillity of a price increase will let me get a new 2022 with updated battery (LG for cold weather and possibly more power), more powerful DU rear, AMD Ryzen, heated steering wheel, possibly cooled seats++ a big upgrade from my q4 2020 (facelift) m3P.
Telsa called me today and asked for payment info, as they had multiple cars on the way from China, I said hell no, I`ll take delivery in May/June :)

Reactions: M3PDOC
I would not hold your breath about this 1/11 build date and on having the upgrades.

Seems only one or two people got this information from an SA - and SA's have been known to be wrong about a lot.

If it were true, I would've expected a high profile Tesla Insider to announce this info on Twitter - but all we've gotten is a Q2 2022 date; which surely 1/11 is not.

I do look forward to seeing how this unfolds with deliveries these next couple of months; if the Ryzen chip becomes the norm in builds or still a unicorn until we get closer to mid-year.

I would not hold your breath about this 1/11 build date and on having the upgrades.

Seems only one or two people got this information from an SA - and SA's have been known to be wrong about a lot.

If it were true, I would've expected a high profile Tesla Insider to announce this info on Twitter - but all we've gotten is a Q2 2022 date; which surely 1/11 is not.

I do look forward to seeing how this unfolds with deliveries these next couple of months; if the Ryzen chip becomes the norm in builds or still a unicorn until we get closer to mid-year.

This tweet says otherwise

Reactions: T4M3
Sawyer also said these upgrades would be in all builds in Q2 2022. Quite contradictory, and the delivers people have gotten (some built as of yesterday) have Intel Chips and old batteries so also seems to contradict the statement as well. 🤷‍♂️

He didn't say all builds by the way - his statement that these upgrades are already in builds is completely accurate. But that could be 1 in every 1000 built at the moment for all we know.

Reactions: Paul4343
Sawyer also said these upgrades would be in all builds in Q2 2022. Quite contradictory, and the delivers people have gotten (some built as of yesterday) have Intel Chips and old batteries so also seems to contradict the statement as well. 🤷‍♂️
Sawyer is a nobody who thinks he's a somebody bc he has a platform on Twitter lol. If you disagree with him he will block you.

Anything he says is just speculation or a rehash of what has already been reported.

Sawyer is a nobody who thinks he's a somebody bc he has a platform on Twitter lol. If you disagree with him he will block you.

Anything he says is just speculation or a rehash of what has already been reported.
I don't disagree with you. People just basing their holds or turning down cars because they were built before 1/11 because a single SA told a customer that is kinda crazy. There's just no supporting evidence besides them claiming to have gotten an email, that every other SA has no knowledge of.

Do performance model 3s in China already have all the new upgrades? Ryzen, lithium battery, rear dual glass, LG battery, hairpin motor, new brake pads, etc? What would be the pros/cons of the new LG battery and hairpin motor and is it worth waiting for? If those features aren't in China yet then it will be a while for the US

Last edited:
Reactions: M3PDOC