Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model YP purchase.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wrote this for a non Tesla forum so some info everyone on here will be aware of however I am lazy and just pasting it here.

I picked up a Tesla Model Y performance on Saturday. Fit and finish was surprisingly better than I expected. I have looked at Tesla’s for several months and fully expected to have a long list of problems needing to be fixed. A detailed inspection found two very minor issues I probably won’t bother addressing. The car was vastly better in fit and finish than the Ford Mach E I looked at recently but not as good as a recent BMW X5 purchase. Overall I was very happy. Had I not been happy I could have rejected the car and waited for another one.
The ordering and delivery experience were very good. I spent about 30 minutes online ordering car and filling out required documents. Be aware however that Tesla can be a bit deceptive on pricing. The first number they show online includes projected fuel savings. You need to click a box to get the actual vehicle price and they still omit the destination charge and taxes. You get a final price when you complete the order. Pickup was about 5 minutes total signing final paperwork. At a minimum however you need to watch a 3 minute video on basic operation before picking up the car as they offer no instruction. The day I picked up the car they were delivering 42 cars. On a slower day perhaps they may have offered more help. They have however very good online tutorials on every aspect of owning the car. I watched most of them and found the car surprisingly easy to operate.
The driving experience has been fantastic and no issues have showed up. Sunday I charged the car to 250 miles range or about 85% of battery capacity and went for a drive. Drove 115 miles mostly on back roads at speeds between 45 and 55 MPH with about 20 miles of interstate at 79 MPH. I arrived back home showing 138 miles of range left. I did not order the full self drive and doubt I will add it at 10K. The basic autopilot was just fine and performed very well. The BMW advanced driving assistant performs just as well and does offer automatic lane changes. I missed that feature on the Tesla. The Stereo is outstanding on the Tesla. Best factory system I have had in a car. Navigation and other features are also outstanding. Tesla really did a great job with the software integration and once you get the initial settings set to your liking the car is a breeze to drive. The phone as a key system is also outstanding and better than the BMW version. I am charging with a home J1772 non Tesla charger but the car came with a adaptor that works just fine.
Overall I am very pleased. The car is deceptively fast and handles well for a SUV. I hope I say the same 1,2,3 and 4 years from now. Time will tell.