Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Zero concept: Could it happen?

diplomat33

Aug 3, 2017
Terre Haute, IN USA
Apparently, Sahm Zafari, the designer of the Tesla Cybertruck did a concept design for a Tesla "Model Zero":
https://electrek.co/2019/10/28/tesl...er-also-made-this-unseen-crazy-tesla-concept/

Screen-Shot-2019-10-28-at-6.19.38-PM.jpg
Screen-Shot-2019-10-28-at-6.20.05-PM.jpg

I am assuming the design got modified to be the basis for the cybertruck. But anyone think this concept could be a cool futuristic city car? City robotaxi maybe? Thoughts?

• Love
Reactions: Electric700

Kmartyn

Mar 7, 2019
Toronto
Interesting, but this was done while he was interning, and still going to school, I would not put too much weight on it. Certainly does not have a cyber look to me. Would have great visibility though.

Electric700

May 21, 2013
Florida, United States
I like the look! It's streamlined and it seems like you'd have simultaneous access to both the front and rear seats when you open the door, similar to what we have with the Model X for the back rows.

Of course it must be 100% electric, like every other Tesla :cool:

Ludus

May 1, 2013
Michigan
The size and many features are attractive. It would be interesting to see it as a Cyber vehicle with all straight edge stainless steel and glass body.

The break between this and Cyber truck is that Cyber truck isn’t arbitrarily “designed” in the same sense that this is. Cybertruck emerges from a different manufacturing process that doesn’t use a stamped sheet metal skin.

Watts_Up

Mar 4, 2019
In a galaxy far, far away
The Cybertruck emerges from a different manufacturing process that doesn’t use a stamped sheet metal skin.

Beside the stainless-steel “exo-skeleton” external body skin, the remaining auto-body frame of the Cybertruck should use stamped sheet metal?

This will be necessary for installing all the mechanichal components but also because the auto-body frame needs

to absorb some of the energy in an impact, otherwise the passengers will bear the brunt of the impact force.

03_Desktop.jpg

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Brando

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC