Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model3.tesla.com is live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Keep in mind that although current owners can order 2 new Model 3's, only one order will receive priority unless you own more than one Tesla. I confirmed this with the local Tesla DS.

You were allowed to order more than 2 in person as well. You just had to go back to the line after each 2.

No, that is not a glitch. I was told at the seats factory in Fremont (901 Page) where I reserved in person this AM that each person can reserve a maximum of 2 Model 3's per credit card in person. My guess is online as long as one changed the email address each time (so the database primary key is unique for myTesla login) and used a different credit card, one could order many Model 3's.

I was spamming the refresh and I think the link was working by 7:27 or 7:28 and I reserved. I think I got mine in by 7:31 (was busy doing something else also).

Form was very simple and didn't get a confirmation email yet.

Edit: I should note I went directly to the Tesla website www.teslamotors.com not to the link given, but it did automatically redirect to that link: model3.tesla.com.

Last edited:
BTW, Tesla.Com was recently given or sold from its first owner to TeslaMotors.Com. Elon tweeted about it (included below).

The history of Tesla.Com was published in many articles regarding its history, including the recent decision by the original owner of Tesla.Com to let Tesla have Tesla.Com. I read about the original owner of Tesla.Com, because he got his domain name around the same time I got mine. The original owner of Tesla.Com had the Tesla.Com domain name for many times longer than Tesla Motors has existed. We had similar attitudes toward our respective domains. We both sold ours the same year, too.

Tesla Industries, Inc. v Stu Grossman d/b/a SG Consulting

WIPO Domain Name Decision: D2008-0779

WIPO Domain Name Decision: D2009-1279

Musk Gets Tesla.com Domain Name After Waiting a Decade

Elon Musk on Twitter

The key here is that Tesla got Tesla.Com just late this February 2016, which is since the last livestream; that's why this is the first big event we're seeing with it.

Last edited:
In for 6 orders.

upload_2016-3-31_20-8-43.png

Last edited:
So how do you have a reservation number?
Everyone who put down a deposit has a reservation number, you just won't see it unless you receive the email (could take up to 48 hours) or unless you are an owner already with a MyTesla account who used the same email address to reserver the Model 3 -- those folks will have the Model 3 reservation show up in their list of vehicles (with the text previously referenced).

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Weezer Fan
Everyone who put down a deposit has a reservation number, you just won't see it unless you receive the email (could take up to 48 hours) or unless you are an owner already with a MyTesla account who used the same email address to reserver the Model 3 -- those folks will have the Model 3 reservation show up in their list of vehicles (the the text previously referenced).

I'm an owner, but can't even log into MyTesla. We crashed the site. Reminds me of ordering an iPhone