Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model3Tracker.info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Paul! Tesla just opened in Portugal today :)
Would you mind adding support for Portugal in currency exchange?
Hi, I can add them to the beta if you can help me with the following prices. Try to exclude incentives, but let me know if it automatically includes VAT, etc...

Base Model S 60
Base Model S 6 with AWD
Base Model S 75
Base Model S 90
Base Model S 60 with Deep Blue
Base Model S 60 with Multi Coat Pearl White
Base Model S 60 with EAP
Base Model S 60 with EAP + Full Self Driving

Hi, I can add them to the beta if you can help me with the following prices. Try to exclude incentives, but let me know if it automatically includes VAT, etc...

Thanks very much. Sorry for the delayed response, only got home from work now.

Base Model S 60 - 76.344 € with aprox 14.500€ VAT, ~ 61.844 € without VAT
Base Model S 60 D - 82.244 € with aprox 15.379€ VAT ~ 66.865 € without VAT (Cannot buy without Confort Pack wich makes it 90.799€ with aprox 17.000 VAT ~ 73.799 € without VAT)
I have never noticed before that you were forced to accept some options. 60 D has the confort pack ticked and you cannot untick it (maybe a bug?) but the 75 says included instead of forced ticked.

Base Model S 75 - 92.500 € with aprox 17.500€ VAT, ~ 75.000€ no VAT
Base Model S 90 D (can't choose without D) - 110.400€ with aprox 20.500€ VAT ~ 89.900€
Base Model S 60 with Deep Blue - Paint costs 1150€ with VAT I think. It forces Confort pack which is 8.555€ with VAT just like 60 D so the total cost is 86.049€ with aprox 16.000€ VAT ~ 70.049€ without VAT
Base Model S 60 with Multi Coat Pearl White - Paint costs 1800€ with VAT I think. Same story, 86.699€ with aprox 16.500€ VAT ~ 70.199€
Base Model S 60 with EAP - EAP costs 5.900€ with VAT before delivery / 7.000 € after. Same story, confort pack is included, base paint used. 90.799€ with 17.000€ aprox VAT ~ 73.799€ without VAT
Base Model S 60 with EAP + Full Self Driving - FSD costs 3.500€ with VAT before delivery / 4.700€ after. Same story as before, 94.299 € with 17.500€ aprox VAT ~ 76.799 €

No incentives available, only 6,000 € fuel savings that I did not take into account in the numbers given.
Destination fees and delivery 440 € with VAT.
VAT is 23%.
If you need any more info just let me know.

P.S: Other countries versions include the confort pack as standard features.
Confort pack includes:
- GPS;
- Back Camera;
- Radio;
- Dead angle warning system;
- Memory seat for driver;
- Parking sensors;
- Eletric mirrors;
- Wheel alignment warning;
- Homelink with GPS;
- Performance (Limited without confort pack)

So, to make it easier to compare with US prices the S 60 base including the confort pack (gps, camera, etc.) costs 84.899€ with VAT of aprox 16.000€ which is ~ 68.899 € without VAT
Interesting, the comfort pack looks like the old tech package. I plugged these numbers into the formula to come up with a rate. Base is ~ 1.00 (but seems base vehicle without the comfort pack is around 0.9) options are 0.93-0.96. Take a peak and let me know what you think. Thx again for helping getting the numbers figured out. Prices estimates are without VAT.

---
update: I've changed the base battery pricing model to be par instead of doing the base model at 0.9 as the comfort package shouldn't be excluded.

Last edited:
Interesting, the comfort pack looks like the old tech package. I plugged these numbers into the formula to come up with a rate. Base is ~ 1.00 (but seems base vehicle without the comfort pack is around 0.9) options are 0.93-0.96. Take a peak and let me know what you think. Thx again for helping getting the numbers figured out. Prices estimates are without VAT.
I think Tesla reconfigured some countries 'base' models by pulling out standard options out to packages to get the base price at whatever that country's EV incentives had for a max base price - that could be the case here.

I think Tesla reconfigured some countries 'base' models by pulling out standard options out to packages to get the base price at whatever that country's EV incentives had for a max base price - that could be the case here.
That makes sense. I don't think there are any incentives here, but still sounds like a plausible explanation for other countries that they opted here too.

Thanks @Paul Carter , I will take a look at the prices :)

Hi again Paul, Canadian prices have been adjusted again since previous mid-week adjustment. Base prices lowered but option price increased. Now compared to US prices the Canadian base price is approx. 30-33% higher and the option prices average 40% higher. Not sure why the wide discrepancy.

• Informative
Reactions: Falkirk
So given that the comfort package was done for that I've changed the model to be par instead of doing the base model at 0.9.
Hi again Paul, Canadian prices have been adjusted again since previous mid-week adjustment. Base prices lowered but option price increased. Now compared to US prices the Canadian base price is approx. 30-33% higher and the option prices average 40% higher. Not sure why the wide discrepancy.
Yea we've seen this pricing strategy to hedge against the exchange. Model 3 pricing should be more in line with the exchange rate as the Model 3 won't be subject to the 6.1% import duty.

Wow its been 10 months already. The latest stats are as follows:
Model3Tracker.info Summary Stats 2017-01-31 2100 PST.png

Leader boards

By City, State or Province
Model3Tracker.info City-State Leaderboard 2017-01-31 2100 PST.png

By State or Province
Model3Tracker.info State-Country Leaderboard 2017-01-31 2100 PST.png

By Country
Model3Tracker.info Country Leaderboard 2017-01-31 2100 PST.png

@Paul Carter nice graphics! In the color selection you repeated colors from Black to Obsidian black.

Thx looks like my screen grab messed up the colours, I'll fix that shortly.
--
Update: Fixed
I think the color choices could be greatly simplified in your list: Black, White, Grey, Blue, Red /s
Seriously, though, I really hope Tesla will add more color options. Right now you only have 2 "colors", red and blue, and then different shades of black and white.

I think the color choices could be greatly simplified in your list: Black, White, Grey, Blue, Red /s
Seriously, though, I really hope Tesla will add more color options. Right now you only have 2 "colors", red and blue, and then different shades of black and white.
Thx for the feedback. I too hope for more colours! For now followed the old Model S colour line up. Once the design studio opens for the first time, I'll match that up. We want to be able to track what impact true colour choice has on a build.

P.S. The SSL for Model3Tracker expired (my bad). I've been working with my ISP to resolve. Should be fixed by today.

Reactions: Falkirk
Thx for the feedback. I too hope for more colours! For now followed the old Model S colour line up. Once the design studio opens for the first time, I'll match that up. We want to be able to track what impact true colour choice has on a build.

P.S. The SSL for Model3Tracker expired (my bad). I've been working with my ISP to resolve. Should be fixed by today.
Paul,

You are doing a great job here, this thread is super informative on how people think, what they prioritize. For instance, it appears Tesla may want to think about skipping the middle battery option, if people truly are going for the base price or max it out... But they will see from their own config studio. I imagine the choices will be tweaked as orders come in and some options will not make economical sense due to the low uptake.

So just in case you missed it my first line in my original post was sarcasm aimed at Tesla's narrow color choice (hence the "/s" at the end). It really hits you when you start to see how people voted and you have black 1, black 2, grey 1, 2 and 3 and so on... The dark green and the chocolate brown they used to have for the S looked awesome in real life. Even the titanium color is missed...

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul Carter
Looks like way more optimistic than I am - you are actually taking Tesla at face value !

For me (Seattle, 2:30 pm, non-tesla owner) I get December end or early Jan depending on the model. My guess has been Q2 to Q4 - depending on how fast the ramp up is (and when they actually start).

For eg. you assume they'll start making cars for NW soon after CA (19 days). I'd think a couple of months at least as they take time to get the feedback and do an iteration or two.