Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model3Tracker.info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
April 2017 Monthly Summary Stats

April was a busy month in the tracker after many articles brought many visitors and contributors to the tracker.

With the recent news of the Rear Wheel Drive will be produced first there was some movement in the stats, but the trend still has All Wheel Drive at 68%.
Model3Tracker.info Summary Stats 2017-04-30 2359 PST.png

Interesting Trending Stats

The percentage wanting All Wheel Drive (AWD) has been slowly dropping as more data has been collected and contributors coming back and changing their intent. Around 2% of those who previous intended to get All Wheel Drive (AWD) switched their configuration intent to be Rear Wheel Drive after the news that RWD will be available first.
Model3Tracker.info AWD to RWD Switch 2017-04-30 2359 PST.png

Also, as shown in the summary stats, existing contributors continue to come back and update their Auto Pilot intent to include the Full Self Driving capability. Now just over 80% want more than just Autopilot convenience features with just over 38% wanting the Full Self Driving feature.

How to know your number in queue based on reservation number?
You can't, the reservation number has no bearing on your place in the queue, it is simply a unique number assigned to your reservation. As for figuring out your position in the queue you need to understand that are multiple queues based on region and within each one there are a variety of factors that will determine when you get invited to configure. Some of those factors are when you reserved, whether your a previous owner or not, if your an employee, and proximity to the factory. How all of those will be applied no one outside of Tesla knows for sure.

Hey @Paul Carter thanks for the work. I sure hope (am pretty sure actually) that it helps Tesla understand what the more rabid customers are expecting to be able to order.

Any thoughts on how pared down the options list will becomes, based on Tesla's new document? Tesla says Model 3 will have fewer than 100 configurations to Model S’ more than 1,500
The only thing I can think of is that they may combine things into packages (several options together instead of all being à la carte). But I guess we should also expect less things that the S/X have being options too on the 3. I guess time will tell. We are months away from seeing the design studio being opened!

I've added a free form text below the cancelled date field for entering a cancelled reason. I'll touch base with the record contributors with a cancelled date and see if I can get them to provide a reason.
The cancelled reason is also public on the Cancelled Activity page. You can use the Inception to Date (ITD) and sort by reason to see them all together.

upload_2017-5-26_9-45-58.png

Hello Paul, I registered my Model 3 order in the tracker.
One question I had is there were more choices in the tracker than I was aware would be offered.
Range for example. Did I miss something as I thought beyond color and wheels there were no options.

Hello Paul, I registered my Model 3 order in the tracker.
One question I had is there were more choices in the tracker than I was aware would be offered.
Range for example. Did I miss something as I thought beyond color and wheels there were no options.
Color and wheels will be the only options offered initially. There will be others added over time as production ramps up like dual motors, performance version, different battery sizes, and others. If an option you want is not being produced when you get invited to configure you'll either have to wait to do it or, you'll be able to configure but will get a delayed delivery date. Hopefully we'll find out all the details at the last reveal.