Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model3Tracker.info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Newly released: Popular Combinations Report. First up is Battery, Drive, and Drive Train.

Looks like a few invalid combinations have been chosen, will get after record holders to see if they can correct their choices. Large Battery with AWD will likely be required for Performance and Ludicrous as it stands with the S/X today.

jzHEePu.png

• Informative
Reactions: e-FTW
Looking for a new volunteer to help with a pricing model enhancement.

Current idea:
Support for a few global currencies and provide a predicted build price as well as collect individual pricing comfort level for options.
  • The currency model would be date based that will be updated based on Tesla known exchange rates in place (perhaps each quarter) as well as ability to put futures around the expected country deliveries.
  • Users will be able to see base USD and local pricing (if USD is not default for their reservation country). Users can then put in a range of comfort level that they expect or willing to pay.
  • A summary of Predicted Build Price will be available to the user in USD, their local currency, and their comfort level and the variances between them with current and predicted exchange rate.
Volunteer Responsibility
  • Help refine the requirements and review mockups and provide usability feedback
  • Help initial setup of country exchange rates and pricing options
  • Aid in unit testing, system testing and final User Acceptance Testing
  • If desired: join the team of co-admins and take a lead on this part of the tracker.

Last edited:
The currency model would be date based that will be updated based on Tesla known exchange rates in place (perhaps each quarter) as well as ability to put futures around the expected country deliveries.
If I have understood this correct, there is some sort of "transportation fee" (and/or localization fee) added to the base price before it is converted to the local currency. I think it was at about USD2000 to Europe, and similar to Asia? Not sure if they have this fee on cars that goes to Canada/Mexico. This fee has to be added/subtracted to find the real exchange rate that Tesla is currently using.

And btw: It does seems like Tesla is currently using different exchange rates for Model S and Model X to Norway... I do not know what they do in other markets.

If I have understood this correct, there is some sort of "transportation fee" (and/or localization fee) added to the base price before it is converted to the local currency. I think it was at about USD2000 to Europe, and similar to Asia? Not sure if they have this fee on cars that goes to Canada/Mexico. This fee has to be added/subtracted to find the real exchange rate that Tesla is currently using.

And btw: It does seems like Tesla is currently using different exchange rates for Model S and Model X to Norway... I do not know what they do in other markets.
Thanks, I'll make sure that gets into the model. There are a lot of factors that need to be worked out in coming up with extra items like doc & destination fees and impact on import duties and even the TPP.

This weeks summary. Will try and do some more weekly/monthly reporting now that we have loads more data.

Also a solar roof option has been added in addition to vegan seats/interior. Please update your record if you haven't done it in a while. There's been a few other options added like medium battery and full self driving as well.

model3tracker.info dashboard 11-5-2016 9-24-59 AM.png

Reactions: Snowcat and Gunn
I've noticed a problem in Belgium, there are a hand full of dots in the Liège region/city that all say they're from Berlin in Germany. Something must have gone wrong there.

Thanks for all the hard work, you're doing a great job!

so now we can skip the "supercharger for free" as an extra... :(
I think most everyone expected SC would have a price to activate it (a la the early small battery Model Ss), so I see this as $2000 that could be spent on other options
Yes, I'll shortly remove that as an option, making it standard to provide expected details on current "a little free and a pay fee". I'm glad to see this implemented. Otherwise the network would not be sustainable/usable by the time Model 3 comes out.