TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Models Maintenance Learning and Development ( Ideas)

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by satsurfs, Apr 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. satsurfs

satsurfs New Member

I am starting to become a Telsa enthusiasts I have been following the news , reading through forums and checking the car features . My aim is to eventually buy a car and hopefully do the maintenance of this car as a Tesla Employee. I wanted to ask how should I approach the service centres in Canada to teach me the maintenance of the car . I am willing to work for free (part-time) as I am already committed to a job in my profession . Working for Tesla would be my hobby for the time being and also a way for me to show my passion .

I wanted to ask you all- is this a good idea ? If YES then how should I apporach the service centre ? That particular service centre doesnt have any openings right now . I don't want to sound desperate but I genuinely wanted to learn about the car from the service centre and thats why I am willing to learn for free. My way of being a real enthusiasts by working for the company and also aiming to buy a car! (Economy verison when it comes out in 2-3 years)

If NO -- Then what should I do to learn about the car inside out and learn about its maintenance . What should my next strategy be ? I am in reliability field and I know how reliability has all this collaboration with maintenance . So I am the right guy to learn about its maintenance , knowing the principle core principles .

Againg I don't want to sound desperate but I might look desperate as I would approach the service centre for an apprenticeship. Please advise .

2. satsurfs

satsurfs New Member

I am starting to become a Telsa enthusiasts I have been following the news , reading through forums and checking the car features . My aim is to eventually buy a car and hopefully do the maintenance of this car as a Tesla Employee. I wanted to ask how should I approach the service centres in Canada to teach me the maintenance of the car . I am willing to work for free (part-time) as I am already committed to a job in my profession . Working for Tesla would be my hobby for the time being and also a way for me to show my passion .

I wanted to ask you all- is this a good idea ? If YES then how should I apporach the service centre ? That particular service centre doesnt have any openings right now . I don't want to sound desperate :redface:but I genuinely wanted to learn about the car from the service centre and thats why I am willing to learn for free. My way of being a real enthusiasts by working for the company and also aiming to buy a car! (Economy verison when it comes out in 2-3 years) :cool:

If NO -:crying:- Then what should I do to learn about the car inside out and learn about its maintenance :confused:. What should my next strategy be ? I am in reliability field and I know how reliability has all this collaboration with maintenance . So I am the right guy to learn about its maintenance , knowing the principle core principles .

Againg I don't want to sound desperate but I might look desperate as I would approach the service centre for an apprenticeship. Please advise .

3. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Tesla Motors hires experienced mechanics who have worked for other companies, and trains them to work on their products. They spend weeks in Fremont for this training. There is a significant cost associated with that. I sincerely doubt they would make that available to anyone other than full time employees.