Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ModelS P100D: Powertrain requires Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I drive a Tesla Model S P100D, 2017.
Version: 2020.20.5 b1e18f9f15b0

My car displays the message: "Powertrain requires service. Avoid hard accelerations".

g4Qk4dE

Under normal driving circumstances (low speeds, no harsh acceleration) the car performs absolutely fine. Under higher speeds (160-200kph) the car limits the power from 400kW to 200kW. I fear that the problem is a mechanical one and not software related. I have done some research online and found that the P100D's are known to have issues with their Powertrain and is fixed by replacing the Drive Unit. However, I am no expert and want your opinion on this.

The car is located in a grey market and I cannot bring it in to a service center.

Attachments

• IMG_20200731_052439.jpg
    IMG_20200731_052439.jpg
    459.4 KB · Views: 376
I got this error Dl-w147
tesla-error.jpg

I am cannot visit to the service due to closed custom due to COVID.
If anyone visits to the service with this error, answer here.

I cannot visit the service center because I don't live in a country with one! So if you do go to the service center and they end up fixing the issue, I would be very grateful if you can share the repair log / parts they changed.

Reactions: rickyjb
Any update to this? I got this message today. Taking it in tomorrow.
Hi
No update from my end. I'm driving this car with this message. As I drive my Tesla outside the service area, they are directly not taking any responsibilities for this.

I am still talking to other companies like StealthEV to provde me with a new Drive Unit for my P100D, hoping that will fix the issue.

If you take this in to your service center, would love to hear how they fixed the issue to see if I can learn anything from it.

If they want to take my problem on their shoulders and speak to me regarding how to fix mine I would be eternally gratefull tooo :)

Hi
No update from my end. I'm driving this car with this message. As I drive my Tesla outside the service area, they are directly not taking any responsibilities for this.

I am still talking to other companies like StealthEV to provde me with a new Drive Unit for my P100D, hoping that will fix the issue.

If you take this in to your service center, would love to hear how they fixed the issue to see if I can learn anything from it.

If they want to take my problem on their shoulders and speak to me regarding how to fix mine I would be eternally gratefull tooo :)
Oh wow!

I just got an email saying the following part was ordered:
ASY,P-TRAIN,RMN,MDLS,SPORT,CMC,HS
Part #: 1025598-00-T

Let's see how long it takes to install!