Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Models S - 2017 100D or 2019 75D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

I am about to buy my first model S. Have owned a 3 before.

In my budget I have a choice of :

1. 2017 100D
2. 2019 75D

Otherwise both same in terms mileage and specs.

I will use it 90% for London driving with the occasional (every 3 months ) 300 mile trips.

Can’t decide between the better stats of the 100D against the 75D with the MCU2 etc.

Any advice from owners?

I do not believe there is anything else you would miss vs 2019. I would think the 300 mile trip would be a reason to lean harder towards the 100d.

If your going to keep the car for long enough the bigger battery is going to continue being more important over the long run in my opinion.

There is the warranty concern though, the 2019 still has factory warranty.

Draxcap, Will you be able to home charge in London area? Whilst the notion of city driving may make you think that it’ll be fine, charging inside the M25 is a bit of a pain to be honest and most visitors just make sure they enter with a full battery because if you’re in there a few days it can be awful (Happy to be corrected - visit a few times a year and used to live there but not for a while so will bow to any superior knowledge).if you live inside the zm25 thst occasional inconvenience could become a weekly one. If youre local to one of the superchargers Then fine but as you well know, 5 miles out of your way in London is WAY different to 5 miles out of your way in pretty much any other part of the country.