TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Models S wafting like a Rolls Royce on crack

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Chopr147, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Chopr147

Chopr147 Active Member

So Forbes does an article with a little click bait and I bite. The article is sort of a back-handed compliment to Tesla that will be out of business when the German's catch up in 2020.
    I don't mind the comparisons to Ford model T and GM taking over 100 years ago but at least get the facts straight. Some of this article gets it right but simple ,well known now facts are wrong.
    S 60 is NOT rated at 253 miles.
    By now everyone knows Tesla does over-the-air updates. For FREE! Jerky here say's "at a price" And he mentions the 17" screen, safety features etc....Not talking about 60 to 75 kwh. upgrade.
    Now will BMW and MB overtake Tesla in a few years? Maybe but certainly not by 2020. No mention of Superchargers either. In my opinion Superchargers may be the game-changer when comparing a BMW to Tesla. At least it would be to me. Forbes has done a few Tesla articles and members here know they can be overly critical of Tesla but, I have read a few good ones as well. Just GET THE FACTS STRAIGHT!

Tesla Model S Wafts Along Like A Rolls-Royce, But Germans Will Catch Up Eventually

2. NeverFollow

NeverFollow Member

3. Chopr147

Chopr147 Active Member

U.S. market alone. Worldwide is huge and when EV's become the norm i'm sure Tesla will still be doing fine. Tesla though is the fire under the arse of all other major car companies right now. in 2030 we can maybe look back and thank them for it.

4. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

Forbes is heavily anti-Tesla. <insert site> is heavily pro-Tesla.

Just gotta weed them out, and look for the facts yourself. When it comes to Tesla or just about anything online.

5. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

Can someone be kind enough to translate into...well...something...what "wafting like a RR on crack" means? Or is it a reference to a popular line?

6. scottm

scottm Active Member

Internet... click bait... and an article's facts (being "wrong").. ?
    As if this is meant to be news. LMFAO! Here's a survival skill: trust nothing.

7. croman

croman Active Member

I think the author is reverse engineering the range using European standards (converting German km range and stating them as if EPA rated).