Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Models S - Window Tint Film/Prices Paid?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First Post as a proud owner of a new Tesla Model S.

Does anyone have recommendations for a good Window Tint shop near Walnut Creek, CA - who specialize in Tesla's. Please include the brand of window film used, Tint %, and price paid, I would like to stick to legal limits as much as possible.

thanks for your help.

First Post as a proud owner of a new Tesla Model S.

Does anyone have recommendations for a good Window Tint shop near Walnut Creek, CA - who specialize in Tesla's. Please include the brand of window film used, Tint %, and price paid, I would like to stick to legal limits as much as possible.

thanks for your help.
I live in the East Bay and took my car to auto image in Belmont. They did a great job. I dropped my car off at 9am and picked it up at 1. I went with Llumar 35% all around. $500. I did tint the front windows and hope it’s light enough so the fuzz won’t notice or bother.

I live in the East Bay and took my car to auto image in Belmont. They did a great job. I dropped my car off at 9am and picked it up at 1. I went with Llumar 35% all around. $500. I did tint the front windows and hope it’s light enough so the fuzz won’t notice or bother.

Attachments

• 5CD8B461-F702-46CF-B9CF-D688CE07FB99.jpeg
    5CD8B461-F702-46CF-B9CF-D688CE07FB99.jpeg
    448.2 KB · Views: 496
Not sure how far you are willing to travel, but we are the only Authorized Spectra Photosync Nano IR Tint installlers in the Bay Area. We are located in Fremont. This is the highest end film in the industry and provides the best Heat Rejection possible. The lightest shade available for Photosync is 75% VLT. If you have any quesitons, feel free to contact us @ 510-623-1308 or [email protected]. We've installed on thousands of Teslas. Here is a link to some TMC reviews: Model S - Window Tinting

Not sure how far you are willing to travel, but we are the only Authorized Spectra Photosync Nano IR Tint installlers in the Bay Area. We are located in Fremont. This is the highest end film in the industry and provides the best Heat Rejection possible. The lightest shade available for Photosync is 75% VLT. If you have any quesitons, feel free to contact us @ 510-623-1308 or [email protected]. We've installed on thousands of Teslas. Here is a link to some TMC reviews: Model S - Window Tinting
He asked about cost. It would have been nice to provide the information OP asked for instead of an add.

I am not near you at all (Southern CA) but to give you an idea of cost I just paid $460 for Llumar ceramic tint on all 5 windows. 15% in back and 50% on the fronts. In CA, you can tint the rear three windows as dark as you want. It is not legal to tint the front windows at all. Having said that, the 50% tint I did up front isn't all that noticeable and doesn't hinder vision at night but I run the risk of getting a fix-it ticket. I was concerned my tints would be too dark but they ended up being exactly what I was looking for. I do not like super dark limo style tint.

I am not near you at all (Southern CA) but to give you an idea of cost I just paid $460 for Llumar ceramic tint on all 5 windows. 15% in back and 50% on the fronts. In CA, you can tint the rear three windows as dark as you want. It is not legal to tint the front windows at all. Having said that, the 50% tint I did up front isn't all that noticeable and doesn't hinder vision at night but I run the risk of getting a fix-it ticket. I was concerned my tints would be too dark but they ended up being exactly what I was looking for. I do not like super dark limo style tint.

I'm in S.D, just got my S and looking to tint. Where did you go and how is it holding up? A pic if you don't mind, as I also don't like limo.
Thx!

I'm in S.D, just got my S and looking to tint. Where did you go and how is it holding up? A pic if you don't mind, as I also don't like limo.
Thx!

The white S is the one I mentioned in this thread. It has 15 in back and 50 in front. Llumar CTX. I had Jason at Tintlab in scripps ranch do it. He did an excellent job and I would highly recommend him.

The blue S is 35% all around, Llumar IRX. I had that one done at La Jolla Audio when I was getting my sound system done. The only reason I didn’t go back to Tintlab was because the car was already going to be there for a couple days so I just had them do it. Otherwise I would have gone back to Tintlab.

I’m considering getting my windshield done with Llumar air blue 80. If I do, it will be through Tintlab.

The IRX has better heat rejection then the CTX but it’s more expensive.

0C25AF42-FD9C-4225-BA77-E2B49661D8EA.jpeg
2201279B-142B-400B-ACF7-ADC4749D9027.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: All In