TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

ModelXBoy Picks Up Model X Tomorrow March 19th! Appreciation Thread!

Discussion in 'Model X' started by ModelXBoy, Mar 19, 2016.

1. ModelXBoy

ModelXBoy No More Door Captain of TMC! Oh Yeah Baby!

Correction to the title, it should be 20th! Don't know how to edit the title of the thread lol!

I want to create this thread to first of all let all your Model X enthusiasts know that my pick up date for my Model X P90DL is tomorrow March 20th at 5:00pm. I can't wait and super excited, the excitement is actually neutralized because after almost two years of waiting, this is the end.

Second, I want to thank everyone on this forum for providing some of the most useful information while most of us waiting for the progress of the car. I have also created some useful (hopefully) threads to help other members out. I miss this forum and I plan to stick with this forum and share with the experience even after taken delivery of the car.

Again Thank You All! Thank You Tesla Motors Club!

Sincerely
    ModelXBoy!

• Like x 1
  2. Waldek

Waldek Member

Congrats! I hope all goes smooth. Are you picking up in Costa Mesa? Pictures after you pick up! and update modelxtracker.com :)

3. ModelXBoy

yup yup. Costa Mesa it is!

4. Waldek

Waldek Member

Take a look if you see any solid black 90D with silver wheels :) I am suppose to be scheduled to pick it up some this coming week. Oh so you take your delivery Sunday? I remember my DS (Andrew) saying that they don't do Sunday deliveries... what is you VIN range?

5. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

I am also picking up at Costa Mesa next month. Who is your DS? I got Emily

6. Waldek

Waldek Member

I got Andrew

7. Waldek

Waldek Member

have you received your VIN after your change? I read somewhere that someone confirmed on 3/13 and got his VIN on the 14th right away... If I were you I would call to make sure that really put you in this batch that they are making 90D otherwise you will wait much longer. Someone said they after current batch of 90Ds they will come back to make them again in July/August..

8. SMSMD

SMSMD Member

Congratulations

9. K-MTG

No VIN yet, order agreement updated yesterday. I called throughout the week and they verified April delivery. Maybe they will start assigning VIN's again on Monday?

10. ModelXBoy

my vin is x104x. It's in the thousand.

11. Waldek

Waldek Member

yeah, if you don't get VIN on Monday/Tuesday better call Tesla!

12. K-MTG

Will do, did anyone else who upgraded to the 90D after "the call" or email get a VIN yet?

13. ModelXBoy

My advise is to call, be active. You are in such better situation than I was when i call before the ramp up, back when people don't answer, horrible tone etc. No information or misinformation.

14. dwebb66

dwebb66 Member

ModelXBoy, You and you switch to silver wheels will take ownership one day before I pick mine up at the factory! I'll be heading out of town for nearly two weeks after I get it home, but I am looking forward to seeing your X on the roads around the OC.

15. ModelXBoy

Yeah right? It's so funny how things have turned. It actually worked out for me because the black Onix is not the grey wheel like the S. But it's still very nice wheels. Enjoy your black wheel and your car! I sure will be! : )

16. jason1466

jason1466 Member

Yep, that is me. To be more specific, I was about to confirm the first days of March, then found out about the MeetTheX tour happening to be in DC (Tysons Corner, VA), so I called to ask for an order hold. They could not hold the order in the auto 7 day lead up to confirmation, but they transferred my 5K deposit to a new order without any fuss. I then placed that order precisely 6 days before my test drive on 3/12. I then changed one option on the 13th and let it confirm on 3/13, then pleasantly surprised to see VIN 52xx on the My Tesla page the next morning on 3/14. It will be interesting to see whether K-MTG gets a lower VIN than mine and/or gets it in April ahead of my current Late April - May Tesla estimate. I do hope K-MTG goes ahead of me, but it seems things are rolling now, so it may be very little difference either way.

17. K-MTG

Hope that we both get out order next month! What did you order? I will call Tuesday/Wednesday if I don't get a VIN

18. Waldek

Waldek Member

Beautiful car! Congrats again! Update your modelxtracker.com please :) and who was your DS at Costa Mesa?

19. ModelXBoy

Well it's Andrew. Very nice guy. But problem is I was the only person calling and on top of everything for the whole process of the delivery. No call no email from them. I think I have only receive one call from them the whole process.

20. pvogel

pvogel Member

Your experience is not unique, sadly.