Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ModelXBoy V2 Iron Man Edition - Finally Received! Red Hot!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ModelXBoy

No More Door Captain of TMC! Oh Yeah Baby!
Jan 3, 2016
Orange County, CA
Gone with the white, here comes the red! Just got my Red X today! I call it the ModelXBoy Iron Man Edition! Awesome quality, much better than my original X. Here are some pictures of the delivery, not as fancy as first one, but i like it, simple and personal! Finally my daughter can see the delivery for herself, she was crying throughout the whole delivery process, guess she was bored, lol.

Thanks so much Buena Park Tesla Delivery Team! Love the car!

A fresh new start, starts now!

Improvement over my original X:
1. Alignments are much better (Better seals)
2. both front and FWDs can be opened now with confidence, doors open and shut very smooth.
3. paint job has much improved
4. Interior stitchings are much cleaner
5. Overall quality has improved drastically

Minor problems found:
1. brakes slight squeaking
2. FWD open with slight plasticky noise
3. Wheel alignment is slightly off, pull to the right slightly, but not too much.

So far so good with the X, only time can tell about the overall quality of the car. Next Tuesday I will be apply CS II Titanium Coating around the car, interior as well as the wheels. It's going to shine! lol.

Feel free to discuss below. Enjoy!
ModelXBoy!

Attachments

• IMG_7945.JPG
    IMG_7945.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_7940.JPG
    IMG_7940.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_7939.JPG
    IMG_7939.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_7931.JPG
    IMG_7931.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_7922.JPG
    IMG_7922.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 232
Congrats!!!! Hope everything remains flawless, you deserve it.

Thanks! Rule of thumb, if the problems of the X are not excessive, try not to bring in to fix them, if you do, you risk of getting something major. X is really an ultra complex car, not a single car that is identical to others. I suggest if minor issues occur, live with it. Only go to SC to fix issues that make the car inoperable.

Who is the dude who photobombed you with the X arms?!

(kidding, kidding - congrats!)

Thanks! After all those months of waiting, I am glad everything went well. Baby just got vaccine shots yesterday so she was crying all through the whole delivery process. If I recall the whole experience, I can only remember her crying. : ). The car is great, we did not go through the entire presentation, I know more than Tesla people at this point. The car is great so far, the quality is promising. Still not quite as good of a build quality as my wife macan but it's now acceptable. One thing for sure, every single Model X is different, one of a kind. I saw some other new Model Xs on the lot, different gaps and misalignments but very very minor. Overall awesome experience!

Reactions: Magus and ModelX
So happy for you! When you catch your breath can I see a side shot with the wheels and all?

Oh yeah, of course. I will be taken more shots tomorrow, must have some good sunlight. It's 22 inch black Onix wheel. The car looks much nicer in person imo. Metallic red shows darker in the picture and it's actually a shiny bright red. I love the color. I definitely do notice the red X attracts more attention than the white X.

Thanks! Rule of thumb, if the problems of the X are not excessive, try not to bring in to fix them, if you do, you risk of getting something major. X is really an ultra complex car, not a single car that is identical to others. I suggest if minor issues occur, live with it. Only go to SC to fix issues that make the car inoperable.

True, I got more rattles after they tried to diagnose for rattles

Is your AC loud?

Great question! I pay attention to the AC, the AC got significant quieter than my original X. The most improved part is once you lock your car, the AC fan turned off for me immediately, so the sound quickly disappeared. I think this is a great improvement since there is no one in the car anymore once you lock the car, it's useless to let the AC fan keep running after you locked the car anyway.

Great question! I pay attention to the AC, the AC got significant quieter than my original X. The most improved part is once you lock your car, the AC fan turned off for me immediately, so the sound quickly disappeared. I think this is a great improvement since there is no one in the car anymore once you lock the car, it's useless to let the AC fan keep running after you locked the car anyway.

Great, I hope we can also get this fix soon. Will tesla issue a recal?

As a prospective buyer, your post worries me a bit about quality concerns.

Did Tesla buy back your white MX?
Is service that bad that owners are reluctant to complain?
Are there fewer issues with the MS?

I'm on the fence between the two models. I don't need a SUV, but I like the more comfortable seating.

Good luck with the red MX!

As a prospective buyer, your post worries me a bit about quality concerns.

Did Tesla buy back your white MX?
Is service that bad that owners are reluctant to complain?
Are there fewer issues with the MS?

I'm on the fence between the two models. I don't need a SUV, but I like the more comfortable seating.

Good luck with the red MX!

HI, Yup, I would say get the X over the S. In term of build quality X is not too far back now. I can see X still needs some more work to do but it's getting to the point even with the current build quality, it's acceptable by 99% of the buyers now. Keep in mind X is much bigger and more complex of a car than S. So it's going to take sometime to get use to. The doors are great, useful, but at the same time pretty sensitive. It's not as simple and straight forward as the Model S.

The white X was bought back by Tesla in exchange of the Red. Earlier X has build quality issues and those issues are getting fixed for later batches. Again still some minors bugs here and there but it's in my comfort zone now.

At the end of the day, no matter which car you get as long as it's a Tesla, you are getting the right car. : )