Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ModelXBoy V2 Iron Man Edition - Finally Received! Red Hot!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the white interior. Does it smell like leather? Your MX looks great! Very sporty! Is it the 7 seater?

The interior is soft. Does not have leather smell since its synthetic. It's a seven seater. I chose 7 because baby takes the center back seat. Not only it's the safest for baby at that position, also baby seat will not interfere with both front seats if we try to move all the way back or lay down. This configuration gives me two adult seats in the back with baby in the middle and can still fold the third row to put out huge stroller in. I love this configuration.

Congrats on your new Model X! My Model X is due to be delivered around August 10th. A couple of questions - 1) Does your car happen to have any visible signs of added AutoPilot hardware (such as a second radar or additional camera openings)? It'd be neat to see if Tesla is quietly adding any new hardware ahead of the rollout of more advanced versions of AutoPilot (which is not anticipated for a year or more). 2) Are you seeing any of the ghosting during night time driving that was reported back in April? Why Tesla’s Model X Is Giving Some Drivers Double Vision I'm getting mixed reports from Tesla employees saying that they were working on some improvements to the situation with their glass supplier to reduce the effect. It's not a show stopper for me; just was curious what you're seeing as a new owner?

Congrats on your new Model X! My Model X is due to be delivered around August 10th. A couple of questions - 1) Does your car happen to have any visible signs of added AutoPilot hardware (such as a second radar or additional camera openings)? It'd be neat to see if Tesla is quietly adding any new hardware ahead of the rollout of more advanced versions of AutoPilot (which is not anticipated for a year or more). 2) Are you seeing any of the ghosting during night time driving that was reported back in April? Why Tesla’s Model X Is Giving Some Drivers Double Vision I'm getting mixed reports from Tesla employees saying that they were working on some improvements to the situation with their glass supplier to reduce the effect. It's not a show stopper for me; just was curious what you're seeing as a new owner?

Thanks!

1. No, there is no second camera installed. No new hardware
2. I have not notice any ghost vision at night. Maybe I don't focus on that, I will look more into this issue if there is any.

Also Congras on your brand new X, you will love it!

Congratulations ModelXBoy, I'm so glad they finally made you whole :)

I just wanted to point out that my X had very loud, squeaky breaks for a few months but now the noise is gone ;)

One more thing I wanted to add, last Friday my girl was at the SC and they gave me a Model S loaner, It is a pretty new model since it has only 4,000 miles on it and the new interior is the same as the latest models. To my surprise I noticed ghosting at night!! It is not as pronounced as the ghosting with the X but I thought it would be worth mentioning, especially since many speculate the ghosting in the X may have to do with the size and shape of its windshield.

Enjoy!!

Congratulations ModelXBoy, I'm so glad they finally made you whole :)

I just wanted to point out that my X had very loud, squeaky breaks for a few months but now the noise is gone ;)

One more thing I wanted to add, last Friday my girl was at the SC and they gave me a Model S loaner, It is a pretty new model since it has only 4,000 miles on it and the new interior is the same as the latest models. To my surprise I noticed ghosting at night!! It is not as pronounced as the ghosting with the X but I thought it would be worth mentioning, especially since many speculate the ghosting in the X may have to do with the size and shape of its windshield.

Enjoy!!

The other day I took a Uber (jeep compass) and it had worse ghosting than my X , and my X is pretty bad. This ghosting thing is a bad glass situation its not related to Tesla at all. The supplier needs to get to a point where the glass are well made. I hope they are at that point allready and Tesla decides its a good time to change the bad ones soon.