Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ModelXTracker.com Data Integrity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Darryl

ModelXTracker.com Co-Adm
Jul 27, 2015
Palm Beach FL
If you are new to the Tesla Motors Club forum please create a account on ModelXTracker.com and enter information about your Model X reservation/order.

I was starting to review the data which has been entered in the last few days. If you received your VIN in the last few days and have not received confirmation saying your car is in production do NOT enter any dates/information past the VIN/Date VIN assigned fields. There are several records indicating a VIN has been received today, the car has entered production and the car was delivered all in the same day. Tesla may be speeding things up but they are not that good.

Also when you enter a VIN either enter the whole VIN or the last 5 digits. If you enter the whole VIN only the last five digits will display. We also show a delivery without a VIN or date VIN assigned.

We are finally starting to get enough data to start doing statistical analysis but if the data is not accurate it will be no value to anyone.

Your cooperation is appreciated.

Data Validation and Data Integrity

Paul has added a new field to ModelXTracker to track the month and year the car was manufactured The new field, Manufactured Date is in Key Dates and VIN, section 2 of 4. It is the month and year manufactured, for example Januaury 2016 is entered as 01/2016. The manufactured date can be found by opening the left front and left gulf wing doors and looking at the label that is at the bottom of the post separating the two doors. The month and year of manufacturing is in the upper left corner of the label. The VIN is at the bottom of this label and the recommended tire pressure is also on this label.

We continue to do data validation on the database and have been reviewing records and notifying users if there is information missing or incomplete. We request you enter either the full VIN or at least the last 5 digits of the VIN. Even if you enter the whole VIN only the last five digits will be shown.

Please do not enter a delivery date until you actually take delivery of the car as many times you are not able to take delivery of the car as planned. It took my SC three attempts before I was able to take my car. You can use the expected delivery date to track this date until you actually take delivery. As previously posted do not enter any data in section 2 past the VIN fields until it shows up on your "My Tesla" page even though it may show up within the HTML code. Try to enter as much of the data as you can and if you can't remember the exact date enter an approximate date just so it is relatively close to the actual date. Make sure you complete section 3 of 4 which is specific information about the options you chose. This section should have every item completed by the time you place your order.

As you are aware there has been a lot of activity over the past ten days and we have a lot of new users. In addition many existing users have updated their data.

As as of today the highest Production VIN issued is 005083 and the highest Production VIN delivered for a P90D is 000610 and for a P90DL is 000251 (which happens to be my car, finally). According to the database no 90Ds or 70Ds have been delivered. One note, there are still users who received their VINs in mid-December who still do not have their cars. I believe this is back to the issue of back ordered parts/options.

If you decide to cancel your order please notify us so your record can be archived.

If you are a new user to the forum or if your information has recently changed, please update ModelXTracker.com with the most current information.

Darryl
Co-administrator
ModelXTracker.com

One additional request regarding ModelXTracker. By providing at least your state, preferably city and state will allow everyone to search and sort the data to a more useable level. This will also allow us to generate statisticts to this level. The majority of the users of the system are already providing this information. When generating maps the data is not show to an individual address as the street address is not collected but is generated to the geographic center of the location.
l