Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ModelY required maintenance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Tesla Family
Does anyone know how often I should get maintenance check up from Tesla?
I know EV doesn’t need a lot of maintenance but i would think there is still recommended maintenance check up once in a while?
I bought Model Y at the end of last year and am wondering if I should request annual check up when it hits 1year anniversary.

Any inputs are welcomed!
Thanks.

RTFM-M.png

Tesla should promote an annual checkup. Or at least every couple years. I RTFM but there isn't much there, and it is stressful having to figure out how to get the state inspection and replacing the tires and cabin air filter all on my own. Oh and don't forget the wipers and washer fluid! You see, stressful.

Couldn't Tesla service at least send me an email now and then? So I know they are still there and where they are located?

Reactions: khs8088
Oil change every 10k or 1yr
Engine/cabin Air filter every 30k or 3yrs
Change engine coolant at 100k or 10yrs
Change spark plugs and trans fluid at 120k or 12yrs

oops that's my Prius.

(But to be honest, I think people over estimate how much maintenance is saved with a Tesla. Modern ICE cars really don't require a lot)

Here's my TeslaFi Service Reminders, I'm in the northeast so the break calibration is needed given how much salt is sloshed around the roads during the winter.

Everything listed is pulled from the manual except the tire replacement at 25-30k miles, that's a best guess from a string of articles and posts I've read.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220730-215144~2.png
    Screenshot_20220730-215144~2.png
    491.5 KB · Views: 150
Tesla should promote an annual checkup. Or at least every couple years. I RTFM but there isn't much there, and it is stressful having to figure out how to get the state inspection and replacing the tires and cabin air filter all on my own. Oh and don't forget the wipers and washer fluid! You see, stressful.

Couldn't Tesla service at least send me an email now and then? So I know they are still there and where they are located?
Or better yet just put some notices or reminders in the "Service" section in the car. Let you one button schedule mobile service for timed or mileage maintenance items and give the option to reset them yourself or dismiss them.

ICE cars have had "maintenance minder" type systems built in for decades now using engine run time, mileage, or calendar intervals.

My rule of thumb for our Y and soon to be our 3SR; annual visit to the service center for tire rotation and general "check-up from the neck-up."

What the heck. The Tuscon center does a good job of looking over the vehicle and while the car is under warranty I think this is the prudent way to go.

Rich