Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Moderator Introduction - jjrandorin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jjrandorin

Moderator, Model 3 / Y, Tesla Energy Forums
Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA
Hello TMC Model 3 section,

I thought I would take a moment to Introduce myself, even though I have been a fairly active member of this section for a while now. Although I have been here a while, I have been "very recently minted" as a new moderator for the model 3 forum.

Most of the moderators here on TMC (including myself) are volunteers, and speaking for myself here, want to help with keeping TMC as one of the premier destinations for people interested in Tesla (the company, the vehicles, or both) to find more information about them and interact with other owners (and prospective owners).

One thing I want to make clear (because I tend to be fairly active posting) is that unless specifically mentioned as post moderation, my interactions with most posts are my opinions only, and not those of TMC as a whole. Posts made as a mod will be clearly marked as such.

Speaking of forum moderation (since this particular forum tends to be one of the most active on TMC.....)

I want to reiterate that, just like the other moderators, I believe that TMC is a place for all to discuss "things Tesla", even those with less than flattering opinions of Tesla. The model 3 in particular has added hundreds of thousands of new Tesla owners, and many people who search for Tesla information end up here, specifically in this forum, looking for said information.

While there is no requirement to post positive things, there IS a requirement to attempt to be civil to each other. All opinions are welcome, and some subjects inspire passion, and disagreement, and that is all fine. A healthy forum has good discussion, in my opinion, and many times discussion happens when people dont agree on something. I dont expect everything to always be "holding hands and singing hymn's" (lol) but I do hope that we can have these discussions "civilly".

There is a fine line between "over moderation", and "keeping things civil" and I intend to do my best to walk that line, and attempt to continue to make this a welcoming place for all opinions but not over moderate.

Looking forward to continuing to interact with you all

jjrandorin

Welcome.

If I'm not mistaken, you are active on the LEAF forum.
Do you own a Tesla ? It is not a requirement for anything so far as I know, but I am curious

I dont have a leaf and am not active on LEAF forums. I come previously from BMW land, and was very active over there. Have seen some people here that I recognize from there.

I do have a model 3P, as well as tesla solar and powerwalls though. My wife still drives an X3 that at this point when its lease is up, I want to replace with an EV. She doesnt like the look of the model Y though, so...

Shrug lol.

• Informative
Reactions: SageBrush
Well its good to see that hard work pays off. You now have a job that
does not pay money, you can hear the wine and decide it a tire sits does it
loose air. If two cars are driven into a lake and they both sink they are Leafs.
Oh wait, I have that job too, cannot be bothered off to happy hour.

• Funny
Reactions: jjrandorin
Congratulations (and condolences... haha!)

We’re all lucky to have you keeping things neat and tidy here. It’s a lot of heavy lifting - way more than most people recognize - so the passion and dedication really shines through.

Thanks for all you’re doing - just made TMC a much better place to be!

Reactions: jjrandorin