Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Moderator overplaying power to manipulate posts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderators, please delete this clearly abusive post.
I already gave ElSupreme negative feedback for his abusive behavior. How dare he criticize a perfect product by the only perfect company run by the only infallible person.

(For the humor impaired: :) )
Someone call 911. The raptors have ElSupreme pinned in a corner with his laptop and are forcing him to say negative things about Tesla.

OK, as amusing as this is it's getting very off topic.....
I respectfully disagree, Nigel.
I think the fact that we are having fun, are poking another moderator, and that none of this gets deleted, moved, whatever, and that instead you come in and say, quote:
OK, as amusing as this is it's getting very off topic.....
is exactly on topic. There is no sign of moderators overplaying their power or manipulating posts. And that's my point.

Last edited:
All joking aside (though I do appreciate the humor displayed on this site :) ), we don't always get it right, but the intent is good. I've made mistakes, but I like to think I've gotten it right more than I've gotten it wrong. I know for a fact that all the moderators err on the side of making sure we're not stopping a discussion, while wanting to make sure that it's an even playing field. There is absolutely no way to please everyone - the fact I've gotten both negative and positive reputation for the same action more than once is evidence to this. All we can do is what we think is right and go from there.

Sometimes thread titles get changed to be more inclusive, to fix a spelling error, to be more descriptive, less inflammatory, etc. Sometimes posts get moved. Sometimes threads get merged when the conversations are very much the same. And sometimes we get it wrong. All I can say is 'sorry for the times it has happened in the past and sorry for the times it is bound to happen in the future'.

I'd like to thank what seems like a well balanced moderation policy on this site. I haven't noticed anything I'd consider extreme.

There are other sites which over moderate and err towards only allowing posts which support the subject project and even encouraging attacks on those who post anything not positive. I think that such over limiting of discussion ends up hurting the subject product rather than helping. It makes it seem that there is something to hide, something to be covered up. It can also come off as marketing or astroturfing. One such site is the gm-volt.com site run by a GM employee.

Its a delicate balancing act. This site looks like its being well run and hopefully won't fall into an over-moderation trap.

Where is the "Snippy Section". I'd love to see that. :D

It's Snippiness. It's always been one of my favorite threads. Is this wrong?:smile:

FWIW: I love the moderation on this forum. I've always found it to be very fair, thoughtful, and correct. If you get moved to the snippiness thread, take responsibility for your actions and words. You deserved to be moved for whatever reason.

My challenge is: show me posts that were moved to snippiness solely because the poster was critical of the car, or the company.

This is most certainly not true
Really? My most recent post in this thread received two negative reputation points with the following comments;

"You get feedback because you are so far off the mark it's not funny"

"Nothing you said here is accurate"

It's clear that some TMC members cannot stomach any criticism and IMO some of the moderators do overplay their power as suggested by the OP.

I've had run in's with mods once in a while as I can certainly be opinionated and impatient, but I'd never characterize any of them as over playing power. A disagreement about something, but I've never remotely gotten the impression it was an expression of power.