Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Moderators: what about a dedicated "mods" section(s)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In other car forums I've seen a mods section where people can focus discussion on non-stock/DIY modifications? I know there are the current interior/exterior, charging, etc sections already, where people do post modifications, but if mods are separated out, it would allow those sections to focus on issues with the stock/factory parts & features and workarounds/fixes for problems.

Conversely, a mods section would allow better indexing of aftermarket/DIY changes. I'd love to see a Mods section with subsections for interior, exterior, electronics, charging, etc.

Hope I'm not stepping on toes...just floating an idea?

My gut reaction to the title:
"There is a mods section, but you're not allowed to see it. It's only for moderators."

Back on topic...
Perhaps "Interior and Exterior" should be changed to "Interior and Exterior (stock)" with a new sibling of "Interior and Exterior (modifications)".

i think we need a separate detailing thread as most other car forums have. the detailing stuff gets mixed into interior mod stuff as well. this section may need to be moved out of the Model S subsection and into a general area.
and as a note, I do have someone who sponsors many other detailing forums and wants to sponsor one here as well but has been unable to contact anyone as of yet. He is very respected in the Socal area fo rall high end cars.

My gut reaction to the title:
"There is a mods section, but you're not allowed to see it. It's only for moderators."

Heh, my thought as well (not that I'm a mod--just figured).

Perhaps "Interior and Exterior" should be changed to "Interior and Exterior (stock)" with a new sibling of "Interior and Exterior (modifications)".

This makes more sense to me than half a dozen sections. Just one Modifications section.