Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Modern Spare Finally Arrived!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered: 6/30/2021
Delivered 10/11/2021
It’s been a long wait. But it looks like very high quality. It’s in its own carrying case with a jack, lug wrench, tire bags, work gloves, safety vest and 4 emergency triangles.
I was able to stow it under the 2 cargo area ‘floorboards’ perched above the cargo wells. I placed the floorboards on top of the Modern Spare and closed the hatch. From the outside it just looks like a normal cargo area (with a much higher floor and reduced cargo volume) 🤷🏻‍♂️
2020MY/20” Wheels/Blue-Black/FSD

Ordered: 6/30/2021
Delivered 10/11/2021
It’s been a long wait. But it looks like very high quality. It’s in its own carrying case with a jack, lug wrench, tire bags, work gloves, safety vest and 4 emergency triangles.
I was able to stow it under the 2 cargo area ‘floorboards’ perched above the cargo wells. I placed the floorboards on top of the Modern Spare and closed the hatch. From the outside it just looks like a normal cargo area (with a much higher floor and reduced cargo volume) 🤷🏻‍♂️
2020MY/20” Wheels/Blue-Black/FSD
Can you share a picture of it looks, how much higher the cargo floor is?

I got mine in August. I didn't order anything but the plain spare. Since it was backordered for so long, they sent a free roadside safety kit with the vest and reflectors. I picked up a tire storage bag from Amazon for a few bucks. I don't want a flimsy jack, I carry a hydraulic floor jack when I travel.

The floor of the cargo area is now approximately 4” higher. I positioned the spare all the way forward touching the seat backs so it is supported by the shallow cargo well and won’t teeter backwards into the deeper cargo well even during hard acceleration. The front cargo ‘floorboard’ sits level on top of the spare and doesn’t look at all out of place. However, the rear ‘floorboard’ lacks support near the tailgate. The spare arrived earlier this week about an hour before we left for several days of leaf peeping in Vermont. So I stuck a small cardboard box under it and it supported 3 pieces of luggage and a cooler full of food and beverages. This weekend I plan on fashioning a more substantial prop.

Attachments

• DA269A71-AE68-40EA-92CE-A6DE3B6C5F5B.jpeg
    DA269A71-AE68-40EA-92CE-A6DE3B6C5F5B.jpeg
    634 KB · Views: 205
  • E7F8B403-7E11-4AF2-B2CD-87B3FFB41F61.jpeg
    E7F8B403-7E11-4AF2-B2CD-87B3FFB41F61.jpeg
    531.7 KB · Views: 179