Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Modes S75D Range Extension Software?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A friend is looking at buying a 2016MS75D with 150K kms and the owner claims a 100% charge gives him 475km (see picture attached).

Mine is a 2017MS75D and I have never seen anything higher than 420km even when new and after 4 years and 120K kms I get 375km with a full charge.

Unlike this car I don't have the MCU2 (infotainment system upgrade) and as a result still stuck with 2020 version of the software.

I remember Tesla once unlocked additional range with software for their 60KW battery packs. Did something similar happen for 75D? Can anyone explain why/how this car has additional range compared to mine? Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211109-232327_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20211109-232327_Messages.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 86
Controls -> Display

Change range display from “ideal” to either “rated” or “typical” (depending on which country you’re in).

The car for sale has no magic extra range. It’s just set to “ideal”, which displays a completely unrealistic range estimate that shouldn’t even be an option (and in this case is likely being used to deliberately deceive a naive buyer).

Controls -> Display

Change range display from “ideal” to either “rated” or “typical” (depending on which country you’re in).

The car for sale has no magic extra range. It’s just set to “ideal”, which displays a completely unrealistic range estimate that shouldn’t even be an option (and in this case is likely being used to deliberately deceive a naive buyer).
Ideal vs rated had me fooled for a while when I first got my car. Truly no magic there.