Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Modification to turn M3 trunk (w/ back seats down) into a dog crate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
UPDATE: Cheap, workable, imperfect solution

I decided against the device above, since it would require me to close the trunk with my dog inside it. Instead, I decided on this cheap ($18) option that works well enough and that I can install from the inside of the car as needed:

View attachment 365084

It provides nearly the precise dimensions needed for the Model 3; I’d love it to be a half-inch taller, but it’s reasonably tight on the sides. Certainly not the best for security (in that any motivated dog could likely escape), but I’m hopeful it can provide a safe and secure environment for my dog while I’m driving (with respect to her anxiety, hopefully eliminating her motivation to escape). In addition, it neatly fits in the trunk when the seats are folded back up:

View attachment 365085

I’m still hoping a custom piece is made for the Model 3, but I’ll roll with this for now and provide any updates that might help anyone in a similar situation.
Where can I get this dog separator. I think it's perfect for our dog in the back on the M3. What's it called Please. [email protected]