Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Modifications allowed after order..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am considering placing an order for the Model Y LR AWD. If I place an order with full self driving, can I modify it later to remove it without penalty? Also, if they release a single motor version after I place my order, would I be able to change the entire car configuration to that? Finally, if I decide to cancel my order all together, am I just out the $100 order fee or are there any other potential fees I might encounter? Thanks in advance!

You can change anything, or cancel with nothing more than your $100 at risk. Note however that anytime you make a change the entire order is re-priced with the then current prices. So if you order with FSD today, and change anything, like the color or wheels, after Thursday, the price of FSD in your order will go up by $2k.

I changed my order about five times after I placed it. I never lost my place in line, and Tesla doesn't really care that you change your stuff until after your VIN is assigned. At one point I even reconfigured the color and interior.

I am considering placing an order for the Model Y LR AWD. If I place an order with full self driving, can I modify it later to remove it without penalty? Also, if they release a single motor version after I place my order, would I be able to change the entire car configuration to that? Finally, if I decide to cancel my order all together, am I just out the $100 order fee or are there any other potential fees I might encounter? Thanks in advance!

I asked my rep and he said I can remove FSD just prior to delivery. Believe it at your own risk. I’m here in Canada and was wondering the same thing as you.

Thanks for info guys. So I shouldn’t worry about in the fine print that I will have to pay delivery fees and such if I cancel my order? I really want to put in the order with FSD just to lock in the price, but I am not looking for delivery until next year. If something was to come up and I decide not to get it or get it without FSD or change to RWD, I just want to make sure I have options.