Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Modifications

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I opted for the colour matched v piece. I considered that if I wanted it could be chrome wrapped at a later time. However, I like it as it is. I initially researched chroming it, but no one electroplated plastic in Sydney ( all our industries have run away to china). Secondly a wrapping Place told me it is very difficult to wrap plastic, it doesn't adhere. I then hit on the fact that wrapping paint is done all the time. I have a place that will do it now if I want, without disassembly.
The T emblem is lighted and comes on with the headlights. A separate modification. I also swapped out the ghost puddle lights. There is one now that is a direct plug in swap for the standard Tesla fitting, also chrome covered the window controls internally to match the other chrome internal trim. I think I am about done now.
She is effectively a new car. New drive unit, main screen computer and tyres. Also whole suspension retorqued at my recent service- made a big difference in ride feel, along with the Michelin primacy3 ST tyres. A much quieter car. Ought to last me another 5- 10 years!!

Ghost shadow lights. They are marked left and right. I am hoping they don't fade like my previous ones, to the point that they were just a circle of light with no logo. Just pry out the existing ones and plug the very short cable into the Tesla connector. Check the projection orientation, and clip right back in. All of two or three minutes a side to install.
Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com
By the way buying through aliexpress was a better experience than eBay.
Photos to follow later today.

Last edited:
Ghost shadow lights.
Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com
By the way buying through aliexpress was a better experience than eBay.
Photos to follow later today.

Wow Dborn, on my new car, I sort of promised myself not to butcher it again like the old one.... But this might be a loophole since it plugs right in to the existing holes and wiring....

Now if only they had a wider picture projection choice...I miss my wolf with the moon behind it...

IMG_1491.JPG
IMG_1492.JPG
IMG_1493.JPG

Reactions: MangroveMike
Well, i did get some instruction finally on how to go about dismantling the dashboard to install my trim. Tesla Australia have been extraordinarily helpful, and while they would not actually do it for me, told me in detail what was required and how to go about doing the job. A LOT more complicated than i was expecting, but i did NOT land up with any extra screws, so THAT is a plus. So here goes... I elected not to install the armrest piece as it did not come up as well as the rest.
I may have some carbon fibre panels for sale, but still want to think about that. The pieces around the central screen came up very well indeed. I was worried about the fit around the hazard button and glove box button, but all is good. I have also made a centre console, which is currently being upholstered. Its deck does match and has a tambour door. In the meantime, my yacht floor is a match.

I do have just the dash trim substrates, 3 pieces, that anyone who wants to do the same, is welcome to have. PM me. I was sent out duplicates in case i stuffed up.....

View attachment 72657View attachment 72658View attachment 72659
The final result is spectacular.

Reactions: rikka
Latest mod to bring car up to current. It so happens that I have just had a drive unit and centre screen replaced, plus 4 new tyres. With the new nose...... she is basically a new car. The design of this is a bit aggressive compared to the refresh OEM bumper. I had the plate holder painted as well, trying to make the plate disappear!!

View attachment 247716 View attachment 247717 View attachment 247718

Matching original center caps are included!

Wow, looks awesome mate.

Out of curiosity, where did you get the work done for the new nosecone? And where did the new front bar come from?

Thanks in advance!

Wow, looks awesome mate.

Out of curiosity, where did you get the work done for the new nosecone? And where did the new front bar come from?

Thanks in advance!
The front bumper bar comes from Unplugged performance, who have a rep in Sydney. Painting was done around the corner from the service centre in Artarmon, but I cannot recommend them. They took far too long and they heated the bar to dry the paint which distorted it. Very difficult to find a panel shop that will do custom work. They are only interested in insurance work and fast throughput, not that this bar is not a direct replacement for OEM including all fittings.it is. I can refit it myself in about an hour. There was no excuse for the major meal they made of this work.

Well, here is my latest and it makes my car feel like new! A fairly simple upgrade to the throttle. It effectively expands on the chill/normal mode supplied by Tesla. Now i have 7 settings - 2 eco mode ones which make the car very sluggish far more than valet mode and you would use it for that purpose and also i believe on long trips at constant speed. Then there is a normal which is unchanged, followed by 2 sport settings and 2 race settings. None of these affect the horsepower. They are simply tuning the throttle response, but the unit does it very smoothly and on the fly provided you are not actually accelerating at the time. A discreet rotary button selector is mounted wherever you want it. Mine is on the right side of the steering binnacle and effectively invisible. On race setting it slams me into my seat a bit like ludicrous mode. This Unit costs under a grand and very worthwhile. It is plug and play and is easily and completely reversible. It has no effect on the high voltage wiring. Throttle response is shown on the attached graph and is i believe accurate. It certainly feels that way. I hate to think what this would do to a performance version let alone genuine ludicrous! I suspect tyres will not last too long with this unit in place!

Attachments

• 3B04DB2F-1DAC-48A0-A7AD-821C99B9D4D2.png
    3B04DB2F-1DAC-48A0-A7AD-821C99B9D4D2.png
    117.7 KB · Views: 52