Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Modified Steering Wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I breifly saw inside of a M3 from my car and the steering wheel was missing the top half! Is that legal? Has anyone seen other examples in other cars?
Otherwise the car was gorgeous from the back. Really clean lines and classy. I also liked the 19s which seemed to fill the wheel wells fairly good.

Picture or it didn't happen...

Picture or it didn't happen...
You have to zoom in the small back window
You can see the hand also can see the tesla logo on the steering wheel. There is nothing above where the hand is on the steering wheel

Attachments

• 400E1595-2E9C-4360-A9A1-71E2AF480E45.jpeg
    400E1595-2E9C-4360-A9A1-71E2AF480E45.jpeg
    252.6 KB · Views: 236
This would make it more like the original Model 3 drawing... Wait until you see the real steering controls and system for the 3. It feels like a spaceship.

Look at all the effort to keep the dash clean and increase your view in front of you, only to have it partially blocked by the top of the steering wheel...

Today I breifly saw inside of a M3 from my car and the steering wheel was missing the top half! Is that legal? Has anyone seen other examples in other cars?
I think that would be really cool and a modification that has crossed my mind in the past, but I think in reality that it is probably an optical delusion. However, in this picture there is this unique stitching on the wheel (seen on other makes) that does suggest the possibility for yoke style steering at some time in the future.
Tesla-Model-3-steering-wheel.jpg

I also liked the 19s which seemed to fill the wheel wells fairly good.
That's good to know. The 18" wheels will be the same O.D. outside diameter as the 19" wheels, so they should fill the wheel well equally well.

This would make it more like the original Model 3 drawing... Wait until you see the real steering controls and system for the 3. It feels like a spaceship.

Look at all the effort to keep the dash clean and increase your view in front of you, only to have it partially blocked by the top of the steering wheel...
Correct, the original sketches for the 3 did show a wheel like that. I'm skeptical that is what the OP actually saw and the view was just blocked by the B or C pillar.

However, the current production wheel does seem somewhat suspiciously unfinished and bland.....and would be an easy retrofit for any existing production...let the speculation frenzy commence...

model-3-poster-e1466343982687.jpg

Reactions: NeverFollow