Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Modify interior option for an existing order with EDD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi guys

I have ordered a RWDY black interior and have a VIN, plate number and collection slot booked for 25/02. I would like to change my oder to white interior and Tesla tells me I have to cancel my current order and wait for new allocation, which means my collection date will be pushed back. Any idea how likely I will be able to get another car allocated for the same time slot? Have anyone done this before? Tesla told me they will not be able to check this until I cancel my order which doesn't make any sense :(

thanks

Tesla staff have about zero knowledge or control of the production/delivery machine, so it's probably correct they can't tell you anything and you just have to make the change and see what happens. It's stated that if you make a design change it can delay your order - I.e. you go to the back of the queue. Only way you can avoid the full wait time is if you're lucky and a cancelled or rejected car comes up in your spec. No guarantees.

As per replies above it’s down to luck.

Your car will be on a ship (likely MSC Immacolata) bound for Southampton (assuming you are UK based). If there is another Y RWD on that ship or the next one to arrive (Grand Mark) that match your new requirement and it isn’t already allocated to someone - bingo.

If not you either need to wait till the next ship arrives (no others are heading towards UK as yet I believe - so would be at least another month) or hope someone else cancels or reflects one with your new spec.

Have you thought about cancelling it and ordering a new one from inventory? there are quite a few new RWDY's with white interiors and you'd have it sooner than end-Feb - you might even save some money!

Last edited:
Reactions: CWT3LR
Have you thought about cancelling it and ordering a new one from inventory? there are quite a few new RWDY's with white interiors and you'd have it sooner than Feb - you might even save some money!
That's kind of what I did when I ordered mine, though I kept the same order. I contacted them via chat & asked them to re-allocate my order to an inventory car instead of the one assigned (I changed my mind on colours). It was quite seamless for me, but as with anything else Tesla, YMMV...

Reactions: CWT3LR