Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MODS: Could you please make a sub-forum for 'reservation sales'???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This has been asked before, and the answer to the question is no, we are not going to make a separate subforum for this.

Speaking only for myself (and not representing TMC, any other TMC moderators or anyone but myself) I will be VERY glad when all these get shut down by tesla like they are supposed to be doing.

Anyway, back to official communication, there wont be a separate subforum for them.

Reactions: TwistedGray
RN transfer blocked. Apparently, SAs have been instructed to check account/RN history to see if names are changing in the order agreement and profile section. Looks they are cracking down on this. I would not advise to create a sub-forum that supports a process that goes against Tesla's policy. Learned the hard way. Sucks for those who pay $$$ on top of order fee.

It would make perfect sense to have a separate section for reservation/new car sales and then this one for used cars.

Most every site offers a new/used sort function before you even begin since those tend to be two different shoppers in most cases. It would make this subforum much less annoying for those who have zero interest in paying for a reservation. It would also make it easier to close down shop once Tesla makes it official.

Or.. just disallow the practice of selling or requesting reservations entirely now to save from needing to split off a separate (and likely temporary) subforum. People can still buy/sell them (until Tesla finalizes their process for eliminating them), just not on this forum. Sometimes the easiest solution is also the best. This is such a case IMO.

Why not just ban the sale of reservations altogether?
Of course that'd be the best solution, and I also don't understand why it wasn't done long ago, when it's against Tesla's policies. So this forum is a good part of that problem. At any rate, since that practice continues to be allowed here, the next best thing would have been to put all of that crap in a different sub-forum, hence my suggestion. But I respect their decision not to do it.

As a final thought, just got an offer for $56,500.00 for my car from 'givemethevin.com', which is $1,500 above what I'm asking here, but need to do some due dilligence, since my car is paid for, and they require me signing documents first, then dropping the car off at a Manheim auction place, and then a check gets reportedly activated. Doesn't sound very appealing to me. Ha ha.

Reactions: royalhghnss
As wishy washy as Tesla is on policies I won't be surprised if selling reservations comes back again some day. They are blocking it right now because of how much their prices have changed, but under times of low rate of change they might be back to turning a blind eye.

Like so many others I haven't shopped here for cars lately because it's a huge pain to filter through the stuff. I agree in making a "new" section and let them and inventory car seekers have their threads there. This would be helpful and I would continue to see value in this forum for my used car shopping habit. As it is now I haven't bothered. I am in the process of selling my Model 3 and buying a used Model 3 Performance, but I didn't bother trying to do any of that here due to the noise. My current 2018 Model 3 was bought through the forums last summer and it was a great experience.

The wiser request would have been to ask politely for a used and new section to separate out exactly what you desire and want instead of a rant about that which you really aren't concerned about it. The entire mod response diverged from your real interest in selling actual cars in hand.

What is the point of having mods if they won’t even moderate the forum? They’re really good at the snippiness thread checks.
If Tesla says selling reservations is against their terms, why allow it? It’s similar to the sale of any other prohibited items. Just shut it down or make a minimum thread post count before you can sell something.
Doing something is better than doing nothing. Every time this comes up either it’s complete silence or just a no, without a reason.

I'm very grateful for all the work the mods do as well as the site owner for setting this up and keeping it running. Don't want to sound ungrateful as I really am not. But I agree- would be really nice to have a new vs used section, or even a model-specific section (as most looking for an X aren't looking for 3 and vice versa etc).

Otherwise agreed- can't wait until this reservation transfer nonsense ends.