Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mods Section?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey folks, placed a recent order for a 3 LR+ and looking forward to start ownership.

Does this forum have a section for mods that are a little more involved than just appearance? Things like installing a center instrument cluster, OBD2 based tweaks, etc? Coming from other car brand forums there were fun discussions and info on those. Or is there a specific subforum where these are being discussed?

Thanks

Welcome to TMC.

There isnt a specific section for mods. There are specific sections for model 3 topics, and it depends on what you are talking about, where that might be discussed.

Wheels and tires (and suspension, etc) (for example) go into the model 3 driving dynamics section.

This post was originally posted in "model 3 user interface" but its a general question so I moved it to "model 3".

Here are the various model 3 subforms. What they cover is in the description under each subforum

Hope this helps, happy browsing.

Hey folks, placed a recent order for a 3 LR+ and looking forward to start ownership.

Does this forum have a section for mods that are a little more involved than just appearance? Things like installing a center instrument cluster, OBD2 based tweaks, etc? Coming from other car brand forums there were fun discussions and info on those. Or is there a specific subforum where these are being discussed?

Thanks
There are scattered threads here and there about more advanced mods, but no specific sub-forum. You can try looking in this other forum too (Model 3: Customizing & Modifications).

There are threads on modifying the center console to add additional USB or 12v outlets, very advanced threads on decoding the CAN messages that the car uses along with multiple ways of monitoring them, and many more. Some of them are in other sub-forums. I know that when I write a DIY post or something that I believe can be useful to others I will post it here and in that forum.

Other types of posts that I can think of are aftermarket sound systems, automatic opening/closing frunk and trunk installations, auto presenting door handles, additional insulation and sound deadening, suspension and performance mods, and more.

thanks all for the responses. I am more interested in things like adding a way to see the speed of the car in front of me via some HUD, possibly something connected to OBD2, other tweaks like disabling seat bell warning, etc.

When I owned a BMW there were fun forums discussing these types of options and a healthy after marketplace of fun accessories and it was a ton of fun. Out of the comfort zone for many owners, but still a lot of fun.

Not sure how controversial those would be, but I am not looking for anything radical or something that would bypass perf limitations, etc, just making the car match better my preferences. Could be a fun section to add to this awesome forum :)

thanks all for the responses. I am more interested in things like adding a way to see the speed of the car in front of me via some HUD, possibly something connected to OBD2, other tweaks like disabling seat bell warning, etc.

When I owned a BMW there were fun forums discussing these types of options and a healthy after marketplace of fun accessories and it was a ton of fun. Out of the comfort zone for many owners, but still a lot of fun.

Not sure how controversial those would be, but I am not looking for anything radical or something that would bypass perf limitations, etc, just making the car match better my preferences. Could be a fun section to add to this awesome forum :)

Many of us come from BMW ownership, and there is nothing at all like any of the BMW (or other german manufacturers) coding on teslas. There is an aftermarket ODB adapter / program to read a bunch of battery data (but not change anything).