Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mods to my Model 3: List yours

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

Almost all other forums I am on have this type of thread. My apologies if this exists, I didn't see one and they are usually stickied. Anyways this is the place where you share anything you have done on your M3.

I usually find these threads useful to find one off small mods or tips and tricks.

I guess I will start off but I don't have any pictures yet, I will get some soon. I installed my interior Obeche vinyl kit. Did the dash trim, doors, and center console. Loved the way it came out. The vinyl is much thicker than the black out vinyl but the tips I learned from that definitely help, as I used the squeegee tool and heat gun to perfect everything.

Hey guys,

Almost all other forums I am on have this type of thread. My apologies if this exists, I didn't see one and they are usually stickied. Anyways this is the place where you share anything you have done on your M3.

I usually find these threads useful to find one off small mods or tips and tricks.

I guess I will start off but I don't have any pictures yet, I will get some soon. I installed my interior Obeche vinyl kit. Did the dash trim, doors, and center console. Loved the way it came out. The vinyl is much thicker than the black out vinyl but the tips I learned from that definitely help, as I used the squeegee tool and heat gun to perfect everything.

This wasn’t meant to be a mod only thread. It was meant to be thread for everything Model 3. ‍♂️

RPM TESLA

Has all the accessories you can imagine. Best after market site i’ve ordered from. While on the pricier side, I can’t recommend the plastic covers for the center consoles enough. They are solid, and incredibly easy to install. Way better than dealing with a vinyl wrap. They look like an actual finished console instead of a wrap.

Other than that, I upgraded my ambient lights and trunk lights. The lights on the model 3 were just too dim for me. I like a pop at night. Especially the flood lights for the doors.
I'm wondering how you are feeling about the plastic covers at this point after owning them for awhile now. Taking delivery of a Model Y in the next few weeks and trying to get a few accessories ordered, something to protect the center console is top of the list. Thank you for your updated review!

I’m going to wait for the car to see if one of the jack kits from another one of my cars will work.
My intent is to only bring the donut on long drives and a jack from a car not being driven at the same time.
No need for a dedicated jack kit if I can always use a jack kit from another car.
The car is very low from the ground, so you might have some issues using jack you use on your other cars.

I used for this purpose a scissor jack for the front location (below the driver door) to raise a little bit the car.
So I am then able to use my floor jack for the rear location (below the passenger door).
This avoid me buying a new low profile floor jack, which is quite pricey, especially the aluminium one.

If you use scissor jacks, I would advice using two (front and rear) 2T scissor jacks.
Using two jacks help when raising the car as the car is quite heavy.

The car is very low from the ground, so you might have some issues using jack you use on your other cars.

I used for this purpose a scissor jack for the front location (below the driver door) to raise a little bit the car.
So I am then able to use my floor jack for the rear location (below the passenger door).
This avoid me buying a new low profile floor jack, which is quite pricey, especially the aluminium one.

If you use scissor jacks, I would advice using two (front and rear) 2T scissor jacks.
Using two jacks help when raising the car as the car is quite heavy.
Thanks for the tips.

Use of a scissor jack was only for emergency situations. I have a jack that fits under the car without an issue. I also have custom, low angle ramps to drive up on if needed.