Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Moisture/condensation in headlights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Vinc, how is your 2014 MS60 holding up for you besides any headlight issue?

Car works wonderfully. Feel free to DM me with any questions.

Headlights are not sealed units anymore and condensation can happen but goes away. I found this out from BMW over my previous BMW which had some condensation at times.

I read that somewhere, but I assume that my case went beyond just condensation. The service center did not think twice about the need to replace. Plus I am a bit unclear on how a not fully sealed headlight would (does?) perform. Meaning for instance, with time dirt would get in, and cleaning the inside of the unit does not seem easy or even doable.

Car works wonderfully. Feel free to DM me with any questions.

I read that somewhere, but I assume that my case went beyond just condensation. The service center did not think twice about the need to replace. Plus I am a bit unclear on how a not fully sealed headlight would (does?) perform. Meaning for instance, with time dirt would get in, and cleaning the inside of the unit does not seem easy or even doable.
I don't believe there are large holes to allow dirt in, but the plastic parts of the light housing are clipped together and not sealed.

• Informative
Reactions: Vinc