Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Moisture in both side pillar AP2 cameras?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed something interesting last night and would love for any other X/S owners with AP2 to confirm. I've noticed that both of the "side" cameras near the falcon wing doors of my X appear to have what looks like moisture/fog inside of them. My understanding is that these cameras have defrosters in them in order to keep them visible -- perhaps this is what I'm seeing? I only notice it when I flash the flashlight on my iPhone directly on or sideways against the camera housings. It's normally not visible unless you look closely. A picture doesn't show it, as it's very subtle. Anyone else notice this or can take a look for me? I will mention it on my next service appointment, but just was surprised because I didn't think any moisture could get caught inside of the camera housing.

2020 here and the problem is still there and service said nothing can b done as these are not sealed enclosures they are just camerawomen behind a normal window glass. Autopilot becomes unavailable while this is happening if you have to go and use the AP In a hurry blow dry the outside and the fog will go away.

• Funny
Reactions: Cheburashka