Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Molded mud flaps arrived

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_20190724_082953292.jpg
I've seen these mud flaps pop up for sale from a number of different vendors, I bought mine off eBay last month, and as far as I can tell I'm the lucky one and got mine first. I didn't have time to out them on last night but will try in the next day or two. They look well made, came with a small bag of screws but no push connectors, hopefully the existing ones will work.

View attachment 433564 I've seen these mud flaps pop up for sale from a number of different vendors, I bought mine off eBay last month, and as far as I can tell I'm the lucky one and got mine first. I didn't have time to out them on last night but will try in the next day or two. They look well made, came with a small bag of screws but no push connectors, hopefully the existing ones will work.
Please post how they when installed!

No 3M tape? I'd tape the back curved edge to make sure it doesn't rub the paint, as well as block dirt from collecting in the void. I guess you could also put a strip of PPF to protect your paint from being rubbed, instead of taping it.

Reactions: Kleenerth3
They look great, certainly better than a 1/8" of flat plastic for a ridiculous price. So keep us updated, I may be ordering a s
2019 Car Mud Flaps Splash Guard Fender Mudguard For Tesla Model 3 + Fixing Screw | eBay

These are the ones I ordered, though I've seen several vendors selling seemingly identical ones, almost certainly purchased from the same manufacturer. These were $30 when I bought them which was the best price I could find at the time, now showing $23.

Well... how do they look?
Can you provide some picture?
How far out do the protrude from the tire profile?

thanks,

Also interested to see if there is a range difference that is noticeable. Ecomodders or somebody did some testing and I seem to remember 5% hit, but I have not been able to find the test. If I Google it, I get all kinds of info regarding mudflaps on semi trucks and fuel economy, but nothing on car mudflaps. Probably not enough to be able to tell a difference for certain -- just something to consider.

The combination of an inflexible schedule this past week, bad weather, and no garage have kept me from putting these on yet, but I'll try to at least mock them up and take pictures tonight. I'm probably going to try to get my hands on some xpel scraps and cover the areas the mud flaps will touch paint before I install these permanently.

The combination of an inflexible schedule this past week, bad weather, and no garage have kept me from putting these on yet, but I'll try to at least mock them up and take pictures tonight. I'm probably going to try to get my hands on some xpel scraps and cover the areas the mud flaps will touch paint before I install these permanently.

Definitely a good idea as sand and grit will get between the flap and car. Even with my similar Subaru/Honda OEM flaps, this happens.

2019 Car Mud Flaps Splash Guard Fender Mudguard For Tesla Model 3 + Fixing Screw | eBay

These are the ones I ordered, though I've seen several vendors selling seemingly identical ones, almost certainly purchased from the same manufacturer. These were $30 when I bought them which was the best price I could find at the time, now showing $23.

Just purchased a set. I’m expecting long ship time to Canada, however, it might be worth the wait. At that price, you can’t go wrong. Thanks for sharing the link!

Got them on tonight temporarily. It's really tough getting the push connectors back in with the extra thickness of the mud flaps. It pretty much requires use of a mallet, it'd be much easier up on a lift with the wheels off. I'll try to get an idea if there's an efficiency difference tomorrow, my average is always very close to 250 wh/mile on my weekday routine, but there's rain forecast which would probably make a bigger difference than having these on.
IMG_20190729_194954243.jpg
IMG_20190729_194945124.jpg
IMG_20190729_194913934.jpg
IMG_20190729_194905751.jpg