Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Molded Rubber Floor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think that the CT should have a single piece molded rubber floor from corner to corner of the passenger compartment. The seats and trim can be nice materials, but I really want to be able to put my muddy boots on the floor and not worry about making a mess.

Basically standard winter mats, except not mats, the whole floor.

Conventional pickups from Ford and Chevy can be ordered in the "Work Truck" trim level with rubber floor instead of carpet. A rubber floor also typically comes standard in Police Interceptor versions of vehicles like the Ford Explorer.

Unlikely that Tesla will get into that many combinations of options. But with the flat pan of the CT, it would not be a huge task to pull out the seats and replace the flooring with some other material.

There are also after-market suppliers like this who may offer retrofit kits for CT someday:
New Ford Full Size Truck, Standard Cab Rubber and Vinyl Flooring

I'd argue that Tesla could try to sell an all rubber floor as a "luxury" due to it's toughness. Even city people who never go off road can appreciate muddy shoes in a nice car. It's better to have a nice interior "uppers" and let the floor be a floor.

I'd argue that Tesla could try to sell an all rubber floor as a "luxury" due to it's toughness. Even city people who never go off road can appreciate muddy shoes in a nice car. It's better to have a nice interior "uppers" and let the floor be a floor.
Some people want Pergo floors in thie house. Some want wall-to-wall carpet.

But luxury is wall-to-wall white all wool berber carpet. Hard to maintain? Kind of, but it is luxury. Rubber floors are cheap. You are not going to convince me otherwise.

You want rubber mats or bedliner? Fine, put it in. I want luxury.

I think that the CT should have a single piece molded rubber floor from corner to corner of the passenger compartment. The seats and trim can be nice materials, but I really want to be able to put my muddy boots on the floor and not worry about making a mess.

+ drain plug for RIC = Rapid Interior Cleaning

Reactions: lottadot and DIL
Conventional pickups from Ford and Chevy can be ordered in the "Work Truck" trim level with rubber floor instead of carpet. A rubber floor also typically comes standard in Police Interceptor versions of vehicles like the Ford Explorer.

Unlikely that Tesla will get into that many combinations of options. But with the flat pan of the CT, it would not be a huge task to pull out the seats and replace the flooring with some other material.

There are also after-market suppliers like this who may offer retrofit kits for CT someday:
New Ford Full Size Truck, Standard Cab Rubber and Vinyl Flooring
SS floor (drain plug too) with rubber floor mat for insulation.

You mean like the Honda Element had?