Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Monday is the Day!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

simplesolid

Model S 60 AP2 Glass Roof
Nov 12, 2016
Florida
It's finally almost here, my car (yet to be named) is supposed to arrive in Orlando tonight and they will be detailing it tomorrow, unfortunately I can't pick it up tomorrow as they are super busy with deliveries.
So I have an appointment for Monday at 9am, so much still has to happen, I still need the charger installed, kind of left that for the last minute. Electrician will be here on Monday assuming he gives a decent quote.

If not I have a back up electrician coming tomorrow to get an alternate quote and possibly doing the work tomorrow too.

I don't think that I will sleep much this weekend, feels like being a kid on Christmas eve waiting to open a much waited present.

Me too. I'm supposed to pick it up at 4pm on Monday. How far is your commute? You might be OK charging with 120V for awhile. I could definitely get away with it. I have all of the parts to put the 14-50 in. I'll probably get it done this weekend, but not a problem if I don't. Just not sure if I'm going to get a permit. They want a $140. That's BS.

From what I have heard and read, it's best to pull the permit, because in case there is an unfortunate event at your residence where you need your insurance to kick in, the lack of a permit could yield significant issues in getting your insurance company to honor your policy.
I agree. It's probably not worth the liability risk to save a few bucks. I was thinking it would be around $40. The companies I've worked for have always dealt with getting the permits, so I had no idea how much it cost. The inspectors don't do much or spend very much time, so I thought it would be cheaper. I'm a commercial/industrial electrician and I do electrical work every day, without inspections, at a large facility. It's all documented and reviewed by electrical inspectors, but they only inspect a small percentage of our work to verify that we are doing things correctly. My work has always been rock solid and I haven't burned anything down, but there is always a first time for everything. I probably wouldn't get away with saying that 14-50 outlet was there when I moved in 17 years ago. I'll just get the permit for piece of mind. Only the paranoid survive.

I agree. It's probably not worth the liability risk to save a few bucks. I was thinking it would be around $40. The companies I've worked for have always dealt with getting the permits, so I had no idea how much it cost. The inspectors don't do much or spend very much time, so I thought it would be cheaper. I'm a commercial/industrial electrician and I do electrical work every day, without inspections, at a large facility. It's all documented and reviewed by electrical inspectors, but they only inspect a small percentage of our work to verify that we are doing things correctly. My work has always been rock solid and I haven't burned anything down, but there is always a first time for everything. I probably wouldn't get away with saying that 14-50 outlet was there when I moved in 17 years ago. I'll just get the permit for piece of mind. Only the paranoid survive.

Wow- I wasn't aware of your background! Guess I now understand your "electroman" handle :) Didn't mean to tread on your territory, no disrespect intended! :D

I agree. It's probably not worth the liability risk to save a few bucks. ... Only the paranoid survive.
Wise. Maybe the folowing is Too Much Information, but, In addition, if you happen to be in an elected fascistic regime such as mine in Florida, where we (me too) have intentionally established very rigid building code enforcement rules, including inspections. The largest single benefit, IMHO, if you're ELECTROMAN, is that if you sell your property and somebody does a proper pre-purchase inspection, you'll pay dearly for the lack of permit. When I bought a house in this community a few years back I saved a small fortune because of a couple minor alterations that had been made without a permit. Just as bad is pulling a permit and not closing it, usually because of skipping the final inspection.

Reactions: DiamondHands
Congratulations.... I collect my 60 3pm Monday and am currently compulsively watching every you-tube video and reading every possible Tesla website for the entire weekend....

Remarkable build and transportation speed for the US South East currently it seems - It will be 8 days from start of production to pick-up; impressed with Tesla's speed towards the end of this fiscal!