Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Money owed from Model Y delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's up, so I purchased my Model Y at the end of Feb '22. On delivery day there was a mix up with the numbers from my bank and I brought way too much in form of a cashiers check. Due to this Tesla said they'll just process everything and send me a check for the balance in about 8 weeks. While I still thought that was a while, it's fine whatever....

It's not halfway through JUNE and they still have not sent me the full amount I'm owed!!! First time they send the check to my old address, which I updated immediately after I picked up my car. Then they sent half the amount to me.

I have called and waited for hours to speak to someone. Most recently, I called 2 weeks ago and was told they opened another case...only to call back again a couple days ago since I heard nothing only to hear they were opening another case... WTF.

Tesla in Atlanta has been no help either. This almost seems negligent and purposeful at this time. Had I owed them money they would be all over me. But because they owe me...

Send help I'm about to lose my s#&$!

What's up, so I purchased my Model Y at the end of Feb '22. On delivery day there was a mix up with the numbers from my bank and I brought way too much in form of a cashiers check. Due to this Tesla said they'll just process everything and send me a check for the balance in about 8 weeks. While I still thought that was a while, it's fine whatever....

It's not halfway through JUNE and they still have not sent me the full amount I'm owed!!! First time they send the check to my old address, which I updated immediately after I picked up my car. Then they sent half the amount to me.

I have called and waited for hours to speak to someone. Most recently, I called 2 weeks ago and was told they opened another case...only to call back again a couple days ago since I heard nothing only to hear they were opening another case... WTF.

Tesla in Atlanta has been no help either. This almost seems negligent and purposeful at this time. Had I owed them money they would be all over me. But because they owe me...

You can tweet at Elon, use the Contact Us form on their home page or alternatively, if you know a friend who's a lawyer, have them send a friendly letter.

Bruh, you never getting that money back.

I'm in a similar situation in that I made full payment in February, but due to rejecting the car, didn't actually receive a car until May. Between February and May, the BC Gov't changed the tax laws on EVs, so I'm actually due over $2,200 back on overpaid taxes. This is money that I will get one way or another, cause it was paid to the Gov't.

On the day of delivery, the Tesla reps noted it would be coming by way of cheque in 6-10 weeks. As of today, it's been nearly 4 weeks.

I would just follow up with them.

Did you keep records or screenshots through the website on what you paid vs. what was owed? I took screenshots of the total amount and the payment so that it clearly shows a (-) amount that was owed to me...just in case.

I'm in a similar situation in that I made full payment in February, but due to rejecting the car, didn't actually receive a car until May. Between February and May, the BC Gov't changed the tax laws on EVs, so I'm actually due over $2,200 back on overpaid taxes. This is money that I will get one way or another, cause it was paid to the Gov't.

On the day of delivery, the Tesla reps noted it would be coming by way of cheque in 6-10 weeks. As of today, it's been nearly 4 weeks.

I would just follow up with them.

Did you keep records or screenshots through the website on what you paid vs. what was owed? I took screenshots of the total amount and the payment so that it clearly shows a (-) amount that was owed to me...just in case.
Tax laws changed in BC? Seen the change to used ev’s… I’m picking up my MYP tomorrow and as far as I know I’m paying 15% tax