Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Money to buy a Performance model X vs one Performance Model 3 and Model Y

Money to buy a Performance model X vs one Performance Model 3 and Model Y

• Buy Performance Model X

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Buy Performance Model Y and Performance 3

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Just Buy one Performance Model either a S, 3, X, Y

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMHO, it depends what your lifestyle needs more than money. Some people want the space to haul 5 or more people in one vehicle. Some people will find two vehicles more useful and don't have issues with the extra operational expenses of insuring and maintaining a second vehicle.

Also remember the Model Y will not be available for 18+ months. So if you need the space beyond what a Model S provides or prefer the upright setting position of an SUC/CUV. your only choice now is the Model X.

Hard question to answer. Do you need 2 cars? Do you need to haul more than 5 people? We are happy with our Model 3 LR RWD which is an absolute steal in value compared to the S or X. Our X isn't used for trips much because it's a 75D model. We find the X is a great value after factoring section 179 deductions. I love fast cars and all but I would go for the 100D over the P because of better efficiency and real world range. Try them and see if you need the insane speeds before buying.

you cannot buy model Y today. Who knows what performance X would cost when model Y is actually for sale. Who knows what model Y costs when you can actually buy it. Who knows when the model Y for the price outlined on the website is actually available. Who knows how good model Y would be inside.

Lots of questions on your second option. You can buy performance model X today, though.... So it's a clear winner in my book (lease it if you definitely are planning to switch to 3/Y in the future)